'Chapter 4 ▪️ Sprout from the ashes'

Chapter 4▪️ Sprout from the ashes

George POV :

I laid on the couch in my friend's living room. It was pitch black outside. I feel guilty for staying in his house for more than one day, but I really need the time to figure out where I'll go next.

*ding*

A small noise was created from my phone. I sat up, about to check my phone. Could it be them? But my thoughts and actions were interrupted when my friend entered the living room.

"Hey man, I know it's really rough for you right now, just know that I'm here for you man."

I smiled at him, but in return he gave me a weak smile. He broke our eye contact, choosing to look at the floor instead.

"I-I understand that you're having a hard situation right now, but my girlfriend's coming over.."

I look at him confused. Did he think I was gonna be a third wheel or something?

"And she really likes us having alone time..."

"O-oh okay, I'll go on a walk then and be back at night"

He sighed, "George, I'm afraid that can't happen..."

"Why not?", I asked him, was this his way of trying to kick me out without saying so? I get that he wants to have private time with his girlfriend but I'm going through a lot right now and I really need somewhere to sleep. "Adam, I really need to sta-"

"George I really need you to leave", "Adamn please just understand what I'm going throu-"

"GEORGE I WANNA FUCK HER TONIGHT"

He screamed out loud, which definitely caught me off guard. But it did kinda explain why he didn't want me around at night either. But I couldn't help but feel pissed that he was choosing his stupid fucking hormones over his friend who's in a really bad situation.

"Okay then.."

Silence filled the room, and boy was it awkward. He couldn't even look me in the eyes.

"I'll just pack my stu-", "No just please go, she's almost here", "What about my stuff?", "I don't fucking know, just get it next week or something".

I huffed, stomping past him. I couldn't believe he was doing this right now, he was being such a selfish dick.

"WAIT! GEORGE!"

I turned around, giving him a displeased expression.

"We're still cool, right?"

He couldn't be serious. But I wasn't in the mood to argue with this jerk,

"Sure"

"Thanks man, I knew I could count on you"

I went to the exit of his house, putting on my jacket and leaving. On my way out, a white car pulled up into the driveway, and the fucking blonde girl from the restuarant walked out of the car.

I huffed in annoyance, he fucking deserves that bitch.

I was so pissed off with him, but part of me kept telling myself to be grateful that he at least let me stay for a night, and gave me necessities such as a toothbrush.

Speaking of toothbrushes, I will not allow myself to go a whole week without brushing my teeth, that's just unhygienic. So I should probably head to a nearby dollar store or something to buy a few necessities and probably some cheap food.

I don't have much money because Ace did the work of our relationship. But I may as well check how much money I have just so I can figure out my budget for food and all.