'Chapter 15▪️ Glass Shards'

Chapter 15

George

Maybe I was being stupid. But I had to let go of my past. I just need to get this weight off my chest. If I wanted to start anything I had to cut ties with Ace. I reached into my pocket to fish out my phone.

-

"Dreammmm"

George sat on the bar stool, his elbows rested on the kitchen counter as he propped his head up with his palms.

"Yes George?"

"I want a phone"

"Alright"

George looked at Dream confused. Dream was too busy frying an egg for George to notice his expression.

"Aren't you gonna ask me why I need one?"

Dream paused and looked at George. "Why, should I?"

"I mean Ac-"

George paused mid sentence. Mentioning Ace's name was something George hasn't done in awhile. George closed his mouth, not wanting to dive into a conversation about Ace just yet. He wasn't ready. Just because Ace questioned and judged everything he did, doesn't mean Dream would do that.

"I mean your a full grown man and you're like half responsible so I don't see why not"

Dream probably knew why George stopped, and he didn't push George to finish his sentence. Sometimes it seemed as if Dream knew everything about George. He knew when George didn't want to speak, when he couldn't speak. Dream was very observant, especially when it came to George. It was the little things Dream did that melted George's heart.

"How about I pay you back for the phone"

"Why would you do that?"

"I feel like I need to pay you back in some sort of way", George paused for a moment, then continued "You've given me a lot like a home, food and I haven't really done anything to give back to you"

"You don't have to, we're friends", George huffed. Dream made a good point, but George felt like he was taking too much.

"But still", Dream sighed. George was stubborn. "How about I use the phone to get a job and then I'll pay you back". "You sound like you're gonna make porn"

George widened his eyes. "You're actually an idiot", Dream wheezed with laughter. George was red.

"You're so stupid, like a reasonable job I would rather die than make an only fans"

Dream walked over to the counter George sat at, placing a plate in front of him and one beside him. He then sat beside George.

"How are you so good at cooking over easy eggs?"

"Well first, I'm just perfect and amazing", Dream said. George jokingly scoffed and murmured something that sounded like leo.

"Second you really like them, I mean you literally ask for them every morning"

"Yeah I literally don't"

"Mhmm", Dream said and George rolled his eyes.

Dream picked up his phone from the counter, opening it and typing something.

"What are you looking for?"

"A phone, do you want an apple phone?"

George blinked his eyes. Dream was actually gonna buy him a phone.