'Chapter 16▪️ Consciousness'

Chapter 16

George

My feet slowly paced on the hardwood flooring of Dream's house. My hand reached the doorknob of the bedroom and swiftly opened it. My feet sprinted, launching me into the air and falling onto Dream who was lying on the bed.

A loud shriek came from Dream, one from actual fear for his life as I screamed a battle cry. His eyes widened but calmed once he realized it was me.

I laughed hysterically at him, almost unable to breathe. "You should've seen the look on your face", I laughed. "You're such an idiot", but there was no real venom with his words. His tone was playful and fond. I kept laughing.

He wrapped his arms and legs around me. Spinning us both on the bed as he hovered over me. A smirk on his face. I could feel my ears turn pink, praying he didn't notice. He raised his arms, which I assume were about to tickle me when an alarm rang. He reached over to the nightstand grabbing my phone and tapping a few other buttons. Before I knew it, the song to a lovejoy song played through the speakers of my phone.

You think he'd realize

That he's infatuated with ideas

He looked back at me, settling the phone on the mattress beneath us. A kiss to my forehead. He then rolled off of me and landed beside me, laughing softly.

Of possessions and far-flung social policy

His hand shuffled to reach mine, softly intertwining our fingers. He closed his eyes facing the ceiling. He was breathing softly. I turned to look at him. My eyes softened at the sight of him. He was peaceful.

"George"

I heard a voice. But Dream's lips didn't move.

"George I don't care if you're tired"

That wasn't Dream at all. My eyes widened, turning to the other side to see Ace coming in. It was a memory I didn't like. Dream's bedroom slowly turned to Ace's. First it was the dresser that changed. Then the window. Then the bed and the door.

The music faded out. Ace's voice was rough.

"C'mon George", Ace walked closer to me. His arms reached at the band of my pants, pulling it down. I slapped his hand away.

SLAP

His hand came into contact with my face.

I remember this memory. It was the first time Ace had hit me when we first started dating. He was tired from work and wanted something I didn't want to do.

At the time he used whatever excuses he could to try getting me to do it. He tried gaslighting me that he didn't hit me, and that it was all made up in my head. I should've seen the signs earlier.

Ace grabbed both my arms, shaking me.

"I'M GONNA KILL YO-"

I blinked my eyes. The surroundings were different. I was in Ace's house, but not his bedroom. It was slightly dark and very messy. Ace was gripping harshly on my arm, squeezing the bruise with a broken beer bottle in his other hand.

He had this inhuman look in his eyes. He raised his arm, the one that held the glass and struck it against my face. The sharp glass skimmed the surface of my face, creating a small cut. The cut oozed with blood, overflowing until droplets fell from my cheek.

My arm that was in his grasp, made an inner circle with my arm, with a quick motion, I smacked his arm away. Fight or flight. Flight. I pushed his body away with both arms. Running through the living room, my legs move quicker than they ever have before.