'Chapter 7 ▪️ Stuck in a Spider Web'

Chapter 7

TW: Abusive relationships

George POV:

I sat in Ace's car. It started to rain outside. The rain stuck to the glass pane of the window. My leg was still shivering. I was still processing everything that's just happened. I was confused, what have I just done?

Ace put his hand on my thigh. I sighed deeply, grabbing his hand, directing it off. But he put his hand back on it. I let it go, there's no point in fighting anymore.

"God I miss this", Ace said, side glancing at me. Eyes partially on the road, His left hand rested on the leather steering wheel, his right on my left thigh. I kept quiet. It was usually the safest play. Sure, sometimes Ace would get mad when I stayed silent, assuming I wasn't listening or what not but he mostly got mad when I said anything at all. It's as if whatever I did, Ace would be offended.

I leaned against the car door. The top of my head resting against the cold window pane. A tear welled up from my eyes, falling down my cheek. In no time, it was pouring, cheeks soaked. Ace was talking about something that honestly I could not tune into even if I really wanted to.

The car came to a stop, a red light. Ace let out a chuckle, which didn't last long when he turned to me. A huge angry sigh. I couldn't look at him.

"Not even a minute in and you're already being a damn bitch"

Silence, I had to be cautious with playing my cards around Ace. Saying or doing the wrong thing could strike a nerve and that's the last thing I would want to happen. Not playing my cards right would be all my fault, and he'll keep on telling me that to the point it would be tattooed into my brain.

"Jesus are you even fucking listening to me?"

The car started moving again, a green light. He let out another unsteady sigh.

"GEORGE FOR GOD'S SAKE"

He kept glancing at me, maybe now wasn't the best time to play the silent card. I should speak, I should say something but my voice was stuck in my throat. My chest felt cold, more tears poured from my eyes.

He sighed. But then lifted his hand from my thigh. Hitting the steering wheel, denting the leather covered object, it started honking. The drivers around were looking at us, confused. His fists were clenched, palms red knuckles scraped and bleeding. He started screaming on the top of his throat.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT GEORGE? YOU KNOW YOU'RE ALWAYS BEING A GODDAMN CRYBABY, YOU'RE SO FUCKING MELODRAMATIC, BREAKING UP BECAUSE OF STUPID MADE UP LIES IN YOUR HEAD. YOU CAN'T EVEN LISTEN TO THINGS I SAY AND YOUR JUST SO FUCKING STUPID. YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ME SO GET THROUGH THAT YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL, YOU'RE UNFINANCIALLY UNSTABLE AND SLEEPING IN A FUCKING PARK WITHOUT MY HELP. SO STOP THINKING YOU CAN HANDLE YOURSELF WHEN YOU KNOW YOU NEED ME"

I started crying, like a lot.

"I'm sorry", I muttered, wiping tears from my face.

A car caught up to the right lane beside us, the driver opened their window.

The driver started shouting at us. "THE FUCK YOU THINK YOUR DOING? YOU DON'T OWN THE GODDAMN ROAD", the driver started sticking up their middle fingers.

"Open your window George"

"Bu-"

"JUST DO AS I FUCKING SAY"

I opened my window.

Ace started flipping the other driver off.

"FUCK YOU", the driver cried.

"Hold tight", Ace said. Shit. He was gonna be reckless. This wasn't a good time for him to be reckless. We were driving on the road, going 75 kilometers an hour. Ace turned his steering wheel, bashing our car into the car beside us. I screamed, terrified. The car window was still open and I could see the pissed off faces of both drivers. I cried. I screamed, but it felt like no one heard me.

"ACE PLEASE JUST FUCKING STOP"

We pulled over to the side of the road. Both drivers were screaming at each other. I didn't get out of the car, but I looked at the rear view mirror to see what was going on. The other driver was screaming and Ace punched him. The other guy's nose was bleeding and they started screaming slurs and swears at each other.

"YOU BROKE MY NOSE AND MY FUCKING CAR BITCH"

THe driver screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT PUSSY!?".

Ace punched the guy again, turning back to the car. I was shaking. He opened the car door and then slammed it shut. Starting up the car and driving away.

"This is your fucking fault".

-

We entered the house, I never had my own room. When I moved in with Ace, he just told me there was no point if we could just sleep in the same bed. I just went with that cause I really didn't have another option. Or as he would say, "my house, my decision". It was one of his main arguing points with me, and honestly it usually shut me up. Maybe that's why he used it so often.

Ace walked inside to open a bottle of beer. I decided to check my phone.

9 NEW MESSAGES FROM DREAM

EARLIER TODAY

DREAM : wait isn;t that your ex?

DREAM : george, are you okay?

DREAM : george dont listen to him

DREAM : george?

DREAM : george hes cheated so many times

DREAM : he doesnt deserve you

DREAM : you can do so much better than that jerk

DREAM : I can do so mu—-

*MESSAGE DELETED*

DREAM : george?

NOW

DREAM : george?

DREAM : hello?

I turned off my phone. I'll respond later. Right now I just really want to be alone.

What have I done..?

—---------------------------------------------------

Authors note :

I literally wrote most of this in class lol (I was finished with work) idk how I wrote so quickly but I did

I have like 2 other oneshots im working on in the meantime and I know I dont stop promoting but fkjsak;lfjsklajfklsalkfsalkfslakjfsa

anways

Have a wonderful day/night! Love ya!