'Chapter 12▪️ Ends and new beginnings'

Chapter 12

TW: Abusive relationship

George POV:

Over barely a week from that night, barely a week of mindlessly listening to Ace. During those weeks, one of the strikes from Ace hurt really bad. So he drove me to the hospital and dropped me off on the road. Claiming he had to do something important, using whatever pet names he could to soften the blow.

I walked in, talked to the receptionist and waited in the waiting room. A tap on my shoulder. I turned to see a woman in tears. Wrinkly skin and partially grew hair. I knew this woman. She was someone I met at a thanksgiving party. A friend's thanksgiving. Adam's thanksgiving. It was his mother. She was in tears. She was in a hospital waiting room.

"I'm so sorry"

She spoke, I looked at her confused. What was she apologizing for?

"If he did anything wrong, I'm so sorry, I'm very sure he didn't mean it"

"Wait wha-"

"Please! He's my only child"

She cried and pleaded, hands making their way to my arm.

"What are you talking about"

"Did he say something about Ace? Did he upset you in any way? I'm sure he didn't mean it, please I promise he's a really lovely boy"

"Ma'a-"

"Mr. Davidson?" a nurse came in the room, I followed after her. We went into the hallways, passing many other nurses and doctors all dressed in blue. Some were in a hurry, some weren't. Some help clipboards close to their chests and others collectively push empty hospital beds.

"Wait sorry, stay here for a moment, I need to forget to change my gloves."

"Oh it's alright"

"Yeah, it's just a busy schedule", the nurse said before leaving hastily. I looked around in the hallways. My gaze settled on a specific room, something about it screamed at me to look. Heavy steps, my shoes hitting against the tiles with every step I took. Every tile freckled with color, the base color being a beige white.

My steps were careful and concise. Making sure to be quiet, something about everything felt off.

My head peaked through the door, my hands making their way to my face. A loud, audible gasp from my mouth. My jaw dropping, terror in my eyes. I saw something I would've rather kept as one of those intrusive visions. It wasn't something I would genuinely hope to happen. I never wanted to hurt anyone.

It was Adam, a bunch of tubes connected to him. Bandages and bruises all over. He laid in the hospital bed, asleep. His face was barely recognizable. I walked over to him and his eyes opened hastily.

He looked at me scared. Scared of me, my own friend was scared of me.

"George?"

I didn't speak. I was in shock.

"George, what are you doing here?"

I swallowed my saliva. I lifted my shirt to show him all the bruises, scars and cuts on my body.

"Oh..", he didn't seem as scared now.

"What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like", he used his hands to point towards the hospital bed, the tubes, the scars and bruises on his face. Like any of those weren't obvious enough.

"Well, I know that. But more like, who did this to you"

"Wouldn't you know"

"Okay just tell me, your mother already said that enough times to me".