'Chapter 6 ▪️ Pupeteer'

Chapter 6

TW: Abusive relationship

George POV :

I felt a breeze of wind as I stepped outside. The glass door quickly slammed beside me. I could feel the gaze of the people in the restaurant. I didn't want to look back. I stomped away. Angry, leftover adrenaline still running through my veins.

           "GEORGE!", a voice screamed behind me. I knew the owner of the voice well. Way too well, more than I'd like to. Something I don't ever wanna go back to.

I kept walking. I kept moving my feet, I knew he would catch up to me. Ace was always a fast runner. Stopping would only make him catch up faster. I'm not going down without a fight. I can't. I've been doing so much better without him. Well, kinda at least.

"Love please..."

Those nickname. That fucking nickname. My feet stopped. I couldn't move. I felt frozen. Another cold breeze pushing my frail body. My limbs were heaving. Feet stuck to the floor. I looked at my feet. Tears flowing. My hands started shaking.

"Love..."

My hands moved to my face, my cheeks were soaked and cold. I let out a loud sob.

"Lo-"

"NO"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP", I screamed into my palms. Stop. STOP. My mind was screaming.

"Lov-"

"NO, STOP"

"Please just list-"

"NO, PLEASE JUST STOP"

"I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING"

"Love.."

More tears. More sobs. More sharp inhales, unsteady exhales.

"Please.."

A hand rested on my shoulder. It was no different from the other times. Left hand on my left shoulder. 1½ feet apart. Sometimes his hands would have purple bruises resting on his knuckles, broken layers of skin on the tips of the knuckles. Red palms. Squeezes every 23.5 seconds. I remember this, after the years of this happening. And every single time it happened, I would fall back into his grasp. Into his tightly clenched hands, he had control over me. He knew that.

"Look at me love", a tight squeeze on my left shoulder. Small sniffles.

Don't turn, don't turn. I can stay strong, I know what's gonna happen. I can't stop it. Just don't turn.

He let out a sigh.

"Listen I know it looks bad, I promise there is nothing going on between-"

"Don't give me excuses. "

"Please don't tell me you're breaking up with me over this"

"I'm not breaking up with you right now. There's nothing left. We're already over"

*ding*

"But you don't mean that"

"I do."

"You don't."

"Don't do this George. Were those 3 years for nothing?"

"I-"

*ding*

"You left your family for me"

"Bu-"

"Was that all for nothing?"

"N-"

*ding*

"Not only have you sacrificed so much just to be with me, I've sacrificed so much for you"

"Ace-"

*ding*

 "Do you know what this does to me? I love you"

I turned to him. Looked at him straight in the eye, shaking.

"No."

*ding*

"I'd never lie to you"

"You don't mean that."

"Everyday I wake up in bed and you aren't there"

"You don't love me"

"But I do", he reached his arm out to grasp my cold shivering hands. I yanked them from his grip.

*ding*

"No, no you don't."

"I'm the only one ever there for you"

"No I have friends-"

"Friends?", he let out a loud laugh. "All your friends are because of me". "That's not tru-", "the only reason you're friends with Adam is because I helped you. You don't HAVE friends. You don't have anyone except for me. You don't NEED anyone except for me"

"Bu-"

"Don't even deny it love, because we both know it's true"

Maybe it is true. Maybe Ace was right all along. He has been the only person ever there for me.

*ding*

"Even after the fit you've caused, the arguments you've caused I'm still willing to welcome you back with open arms. You bring you back into my life. Don't you think you should be grateful for that? Even after everything you've caused, Love?"

He's right. I looked into his eyes. He's right. He always is. I should be grateful. I should listen to him. He's let me back everytime after everything I've caused. It's always my fault, he has always forgave me. Why am I being such a bitch? Why am I being so melodramatic?

"I love you. I always will. How about we talk about this later?"

"I don't know"

"Just say yes."

"Okay."

He laced his hand with mine, dragging me back to his car. And I let him drag me to his car.

-

Third person POV

Green eyes gaze afar, analyzing the situation. Pupils twitching, catching every detail of what's going on. Fist clenching around the base of the broom held between cold fingers and freezing palms. Legs shaking. Frozen to the ground. An unpleasant frown making its way to the unfamiliar person's face.

Too late. It's too late.

An ache to the heart.

I'm too late

A hand making its way up to the left side of the aching chest.

A sniffle, from the cold. The wind is breezing on this chilly day. But he didn't wanna go inside, he simply couldn't. He couldn't when they were going back to them. It was dangerous, yet his stupid feet couldn't move. He couldn't stop it, he couldn't do anything. He could only watch. Only watch as the figures walk hand in hand over to a vehicle.

"motherfucker"

-

—---------------------------------------------------

Authors note :

This chapter is shorter than the others but I wrote it so quickly and I really dont know how I did that

ALSO IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY, READ MY DNF ONESHOT CALLED "RAIN KISSES" I PROMISE IT'S WORTH IT, YOU CAN READ THAT AS I'M WRITING OUT NEW CHAPTERS FOR LIF :)

Have a wonderful day/night! Love ya!