One

(Jayda POV)

As I cautiously made my way into class I felt eyes burning into me, from all directions. I dare did not look up, but what I did was check my phone. 8:13. Okay.

"Miss." I spoke

"Yes Jayda?"

"Can I just like sit- anywhere?"

"Yeah, of course, there's no seating plan for form love."

"Ok thanks."

Miss Dorran-Brown smiled at me and I sat down near to the back looking up whenever someone came through the door. I was only checking for a few, however, I did get some hugs and handshakes by some people in my form.

It was the first day of year 10 and i'm new. The last time I was here was one of the last days of year 9 when I moved house and visited the school. I also got taken to see my form and some people said they'd look for me this year.

"New girlll." A smooth, deep voice ran over me. I looked up and saw a few familiar figures standing there.

"Oh, hi." I smiled awkwardly.

"Hey how you doing?" The same voice said, as he took a seat next to me.

"I'm good, i'm good, how are you lot?" I replied, putting my phone in my blazer pocket.

"I'm alright."

"I'm tired."

"I'm greattt." Were some of the replies I got.

"Remind me of your names again." I smiled.

"I'm Seven." Said the boy sitting next to me.

Seven was tall, around 6'0. and he had the most perfect dark skin that was as smooth as velvet. He was quite slender however, muscular. On the top of his head, sat some fairly long jet black braids that reached his jawline and he had a sharp line up.

"Hey love, i'm Nana." A beautiful dark skinned girl with glasses and a baby face smiled down at me with the most perfect white teeth. She reached out her hand and I shook it.

"Hi, i'm Jayda, nice to meet you babes." I replied.

"Yoo, i'm Michael innit." A brown skin boy with a short afro and taper fade stood across from me, scratching his head.

"Alright, nice to meet you, and you?" I pointed at the light skin boy with short, brown twists that was beside Seven, who was grinning eagerly.

"What you saying beautiful, i'm Adam." He said as he spudded me.

"Mm, and I'm Clarissa and this is Rhiannon." A pretty light skin girl with dark brown hair and a blonde skunk stripe smiled at me. Rhiannon waved to me shyly. She was like a caramel brown, she had gold rimmed glasses and had some braids that stopped at her lower back.

"Mm okay, hi everyone, i'm not used to meeting new people and that but you know, i'll try." I said.

"Sayy nothingg! Can I get your snap?" Adam asked, holding his phone out to me.

"Mmcht, you know what, everyone add it. I use that more than I use messages anyway." I told them.

"Alright then." He dragged on, still grinning.

"Okay everyone, sit down and listen out for your names in the register." Miss said.

.....

"What lesson have you got next?" Clarissa asked me.

"History," I whined.

"Peak. I have art, i'll see you soon." She waved to me and Nana.

"Alright babes, byee." I said as I dragged myself down the hall.

"What teacher do we have?" Nana asked me.

Looking at my timetable I saw the initials SR. I didn't know who that was as this was my first day and it was only 4th period.

"Uhh, Nana?" I asked her.

"Yeah, whats the problem." She looked at me concerned.

"Who's SR?" I pointed towards the lesson on my timetable and showed her.

Nana stopped walking. "Girl - thats Mr Roberts." She laughs at me and then points to the key at the bottom of the page with the teachers' names.

"Oh! You know I didn't see that haha." I laugh.

Whilst we were strolling to class, already 10 minutes late, I was discovering parts of the school I had never seen before. Like the never ending, hollow hallways on the top floor and the enormous school logos that were sprawled out on the giant walls.

"Get to class!" I hear the Deputy Head say. I think his name is like Mr. Lloyd or something. I met him the last time I was here. He has a bald spot right at the front of his head and tried to use his swept over hairstyle to cover it up, but it didn't work.

"Okay! Okay we're going ugh." Nana spoke under her breath.

She pulls me into a room with the number B15.

"So that was the Introduction to the American Revolu- why are we late girls? Take a seat please." Mr Roberts said.

I look towards the back of the class and see Adam and Rhiannon. I walk back there but there was only one seat.

"I beg you move yeah." Adam says to a random boy. "Let them man sit down innih."

"Adam it's ok, we'll sit at the front." I reassured him.

"Wait swear you're new? I never saw you last year." The boy asked. He was light skin with light green eyes and he had some very tight dark brown curls on his head.

"Yeah I am still." I cringed.

"UH GIRLS! You have already come in late! The last thing that you should be doing is having a chat. Sit down please." Mr Roberts yelled from across the class.

Nana kissed her teeth and Adam flipped him off. I'm not going to lie it was funny.

"Alright, you can sit 'ere den." He said as he got up and gathered his things.

"Lovee." I told him.

"Mm, what's your name?" He asked.

"Jayda, and you?"

"Deontae."

He held out a fist and I spudded him back.

"In a bit." He spudded Nana as well.

We sat down at the back and Rhiannon whispered in my ear, "I think you're very pretty."

"Thank you love, I think you are too." I tried to say quietly. And she smiled at me. I don't really know her, but I could tell she was a quiet person and kept quite a bit to herself. When I looked at her, I kinda saw Ryan Destiny.

"How you liking school darling?" Adam wondered. I didn't exactly know who he was talking to until he tapped me on the shoulder to ask again.

"You're talking to me?" I replied.

"Nah, I was talking to the table." He uttered in a sarcastic manner.

"Well I hate school, so." I shrugged.

"You hate this school?" Adam joked.

I exhaled. "Not yet," and we both laughed.

.....

Hey my lovelies💗 I wanna know what you think about this and If you lot want more. Be sure to vote and comment!

jaydalool xx