Thirty

A/N: This chapter is usually not in this books writing style & idk why😭 I also switch POV's a bit so bare with me, it's just to get some things across xx

(Seven POV)

I lied across my bed, feeling shame rise around me like flames. Sean had gone out with Sakani and my mum was at work so I was alone. Jayda had declined me twice, and I got sent to voicemail the third time. To be honest, I should have stopped after the first call.

"Shit den." I huffed. I could just not care, but I decide to every time. Why? I asked myself.

"Might as well try." I sighed, getting up to get dressed.

.....

(Omniscient POV)

"I'm outside." He messaged her, which has always been a habit of his and Jayda swung the door open, with a puzzled look landing on her face. It was made clear this was a part of her life she was running away from recently.

She peered at Seven, in almost disgust. Looking up in his eyes for a split second for a split second before her memories hit her and she grew angry.

Seven admired her figure, that was being accentuated by a seamless black top that stopped just below her belly button, and black cycling shorts that she kept low waisted. Allowing that strip of skin to show.

"So, you not gonna say nothing?" Jayda spoke quietly. She pivoted on her heels, and left Seven to invite himself in.

"Have you been avoiding me?" Seven asked, closing the front door behind him as he followed her upstairs.

"Yes. I have."

"Did you forget we're neighbours?" He then said as he chuckled to himself again.

"Nope..." she answered. They could both sense the dry atmosphere, almost parched.

(Jayda POV)

"Nope..." I answered and I bit my bottom lip. It was just awkward, and if I had the option, I would've just let the world swallow me right then.

I opened my bedroom door, hearing him follow behind me. I couldn't even look back, I just felt my blood boil every time he spoke.

"I got you this." He said, startling me with his deep voice. I turned around and he showed me a brown bear, dressed in a baby grey nike tech.

"Seven." I said, my cheeks pricked and I tried to stop myself from laughing. "This is only gonna make me feel bad." I said sarcastically, taking it from him and placing it on my bed next to Toby, our other son.

"His name is SJ." He said, giving me a smirk. I looked away as my cheeks flushed below my dark complexion to gather some composure before inviting him to sit down so we could talk.

"So, why are you here?" I asked him. My head tilted and I squinted my eyes, trying to play off the fact my heart was beating rapidly, and my hands were so sweaty. His presence agitated my soul.

"You didn't answer your phone." He chuckled. It annoyed me how calm and collected he was.

(Seven POV)

I watched her as she analysed me, looking me up and down every so often. I found it weird how she looked so calm, but confused.

"It's off." She replied.

"It wasn't when I called you earlier." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah, that's why I turned it off." She said to me with an attitude.

"Anyways, you opened the door." I retorted.

"I thought It was my food." She said to me, clearly lying. "Uh, so are we gonna speak about this? Or what?" She then said. Using her hands to point to her and myself.

"Dont be mad at Nana for that situation, it was all me." I told her, owning up to the same shit I don't even remember doing, but knowing that I did it.

"I've never been upset with her, it's you i'm mad at." She chuckled. I watched her lips curl upwards before she reverted to her serious face.

"Well i'm sorry." I repeated.

"Is that all?" She asked. "Is that all you have to say? Because if it is, this conversation can and right now." She shrugged her shoulders and I could just feel the tension rise from her.

"I don't even know why I said it." I spoke, somewhat convincingly. Honestly, apart of me knew why I'd said it, 'drunk words are sober thoughts'. But sometimes you just have to keep your thoughts to yourself. "I don't even remember saying it."

She looked at me puzzled, before straightening her posture. Then she opened her mouth to speak, but didn't.

"Why did you say that there was nothing to talk about?" I asked her.

"When?"

"Last week, at school." I bit my cheek, anticipating her answer.

"I just didn't want to talk about it." She said, shrugging her shoulders. "To be honest, Seven. It's embarrassing. Time and time again, with people in our business too." 

"Oh."

"Oh? You could've said 'oh' when you were getting drunk and telling my best friend you love her." She mocked me.

"I'm sorry." I stressed to her. "Can we just go back to how we were?"

"Seven! You can barely even take accountability for your actions, or my feelings into consideration. How in the hell do you think we can go back to how we were if you act the same?" Her voice grew louder, sending chills down my spine, I been saying that this girl is scary when she's mad.

I took a deep breath before saying, "You know when they say that a relationship ends how it starts." I said.

"Mhm." I looked at her, watching her smile quickly fade, and her eyebrows furrow like she'd been caught into deep thought.

"Well-"

"Well, you should've realised all of this before you wasted my time, my vulnerability. My feelings." She listed. Her eyes glossed over as she looked towards me.

"Well i'm sorry." I said honestly.

"You should be."

"It was never.. love then? Well on your part, I'm guessing it was people forcing us together since they thought that we were in love with each other. Or at least you in love with me. I guess we were brainwashed." Jayda said to me dryly chuckling at the end of her sentence. Her eyes were watery, it's like she wouldn't let me see her cry.

"I guess I just.. fell in love with the idea of being in love with you, therefore, causing us to live with the feeling, thinking that it was natural when it wasn't you get what I'm saying?" I told her truthfully and she nodded.

"Don't get me wrong, you're a beautiful girl, inside and out, I think things got misconstrued. By me especially." I added. She said nothing.

There was a period of silence before she spoke, "So.." She said, playing with her hands.

"Do you want to say it?" I said, giving her the invitation.

"Not really." She said, I saw a tear drop onto her leg as she held her head further down. "But ok."

She wiped her nose with the back of her hand, before looking up at me with glossy eyes. "It's over."

"I guess it is." I said, standing up.

"It's not, 'you guess' it is. It. is."

"Cool." My heart almost burned, I felt so bad, but I couldn't do anything because I knew I couldn't fix it. All I could do right about now was leave. And I did. Hearing her sniffles as I jogged back downstairs could've broke my heart if I stayed there any longer. But it was for the best, I guess.

And I know this isn't what love feels like because I'm in love with another girl, but Jayda is in love with me.

THE END