Twenty-Two

(Jayda POV)

English was fine, it wasn't awkward and Michael and Michaela kept the table from being completely silent. Other than that it was just Nana and I giggling at Deontae because he kept smiling at me - honestly he looks like a beg.

Of course Seven and I addressed each other, it wasn't uncomfortable either. It was mostly things like, "what page are we on?" Or "what did Sir say the task was?" I'm just trying to get used to being around him and speaking to him again. I mean, it has been a while.. and he is still blocked.

"Can we hurry up please?" I asked. We were over at Adams table and he was taking a bit too long to help Liberty put folder and books away. "We're trying to get to lunch." Nana added.

"Ah ah! Relaxxx!" Adam bellowed, he just continued at his tortoise pace.

"That's it, I'm going. I'm trying to go shops mehn." I told everyone, ignoring Liberty.

"Word, I'm coming with you." Michaela said grabbing her drink. Nana was already halfway out the door.

"Aye where's she going?" Seven said, signalling to Nana. "Jayda I beg you tell her to come back. We're all gonna go."

"Say no more." I replied coolly, "Nana, get yuhself back here now!" I yelled after her. She just turned around laughing at me. Nana just looked me in my eyes and that's when I just knew what she was thinking. He said your name. I shook my head as she gave me an evil grin.

"Aight come let's go." Adam finally announced. He gave lib a kiss on her cheek and she blushed, leaving the classroom in a giddy mood.

"Finally!" Michael said before we all headed down the corridor.

.....

"We can't get caught like we did that time." Nana joked.

"Word who's trying to get iso? Not me." Michaela added.

"It's the fact that we keep going even after we got caught." I said and laughed. Seven chuckled a little too, but I didn't pay him any mind.

"Aye come let's go, I'm trying to get that chocolate bar ting." Michael said.

"As a man, you shouldn't be sucking on chocolate bars I'll be real." Adam told him.

"Noooo! I meant the big one." Michael replied, his eyes went wide as he realised what that sounded like.

"FIYA FI DAT!" Seven called out.

"Nah mannn! Not like that bro." Michael laughed and wiped his face with his hand.

Whilst we made our way to the shops Nana happened to point out an all black BMW 8 series that happened to drive by. She just said it was nice and we moved on.

When we got to the store Ilana rushed out and hugged me.

"Hey?" I said, laughing but kinda confused.

"It's been so long oh em ghee!" She replied, she was speaking in a typical feminine tone, not the forced bass that usually fitted her Jaq from Top Boy look.

She was also in some skinny jeans and this white tank top. Her hair was usually in 2 braids, or she had those Coi Leray braids with the curly ends, but this time she had her hair down, straightened.