Nine

(Nana POV)

I woke up this morning to a phone call.

"What?" I answered, half awake and my voice croaky.

"Good morning beautiful." Emmanuel's voice came in through the phone, brightening up my world in a millisecond.

"Oh heyy." I sat up. A smile on my face.

"Oi what you saying tho?" He had switched back to his usual self. Emmanuel is your typical roadman.

"Nothing. You woke me up." I replied with the smallest hint of attitude. If I got rude he'd put me on airtime. Gm's ain't it at all.

"Aye why am I hearing a-ichood?" He raised his voice with such a thick British accent. "Mans tryna take you out but since you want to get rude we'll see about dat."

"Nah I'm just tired." I said to save myself. "But I saw you yesterday, and you want to take me out today?" I asked. We went to bexleyheath yesterday to just look around. I ended up buying some nail polish and Vaseline from Primark, and we all went to McDonald's afterwards.

This other school in the BH area tried to beef some youngers that go to a school next to mine and they had a food fight. It was fun until we all got kicked out. Now students can't eat there anymore.

"Don't complain, appreciate the effort doe." He replied.

"Alright, when should I start getting ready?"

"I don't know how long it takes you females to get dressed innit, but just know I'm picking you up at 6."

"Safeee." I said in agreement.

"Aye who you talking to like that?" He started getting loud, he does it all the time and I think it's funny. He acts like he's actually going to wet me up when he knows he can't because he loves me too much.

"It's yes daddy." He said in a serious voice. He thinks I can take him serious lmaoo. Kwasia.

"Alright dad." I rolled my eyes.

"I heard dat." He randomly told me.

"Heard what?" I was confused.

"You rolling your eyes. I'll put you on airtime if you do that to man again." Emmanuel said to me.

"Aight! Thank you baby." I said sincerely then exhaled loudly then kissed him goodbye (from over the phone of course.)

"Leave your attitude at home yeah!" He yelled through the phone before I hung up. I then layed back in my bed. A permanent smile strung across my face. A split second of bliss before I was interrupted.

"Nana! Get up, remember you got tutoring at 12!" My sister Nyphemi burst through my door.

"Okay? What time is it now?" I asked her. She's 17 and in year 13 and she goes to the sixth form at my school. Sometimes I just hate her with a passion, but she's my sister so I guess I love her innit.

"It's 10:30!" She drew the covers off of me.

"Okayy give me a second." I whined as I stretched. What a leng stretch, wow.