Three

(Jayda POV)

I had just reached home and it was about 3:20pm. My mom pulled into the driveway in her new Audi Q8 and she was interrogating me with questions. "How was your day? Did you make friends? What did you do? Did they ask about why you moved?"

I had tuned her out half way through the journey and was just listening to the music. Associate by Charly Black was playing and I was singing my heart out, obviously I stopped once I realised that my mom was still there. I hate singing in front of people! My mom loves it when I sing though because I get my voice from her and my dad.

"Why are you singing these songs Jayda?" My mom paused the song halfway through the line 'No other gyal can fuck me like the way you do.'

"Well, you have to admit it's a leng song." I shrugged.

"Is it as leng as that boy over there?" She pointed across to the boy almost about to enter the house next door. I gave her a look and told her I had to see the face first.

As I stepped out the car, the boy turned around and for a split second I thought I saw Seven.

"Yoo!" I turn around to be met with Seven's chest again.

I look up. "Heyy." I said.

"I never knew you lived here still. I would've got you to come with me to school this morning."

"Well, now you know." I assured. "This is my mom."

"Hello, nice to meet you." Seven said, looking down at my mom, she was about 5'7, brownskin and had a barbie ponytail - that's her signature hairstyle. She smiled at him and asked him if he lived across the road. He said yes. I always hated it when my mom met my friends, I just thought she was always a bit to cheery and smiley.

"Aight, Jay i'll message you innit." Sev said as he departed. "Bye Mrs Scott." He added.

"Bye Sev." I waved at him from my driveway.

"Mmm, so who's that?" My mom asked me, slightly smirking.

"Seven? Did you not just meet him?" I replied blankly as she unlocked the door. The house was filled with empty boxes and they were all stacked on top of each other.

"God we need to throw all these boxes out!" My mother exclaimed.

"I know! I can't get anywhere and the cat keeps hiding in them!" I groaned.

"Ugh well come help me get rid of some of these before your dad gets home from work." She said.

"Okay, but where's Kardo?" I asked. Ricardo is my brother and he just started year 12.

"He's on his way home he said. I called him before I came to pick you up." She said. "Anyway, because of that number named boy, I don't have to pick you up anymore!" My mom squealed and went upstairs into her room. I trailed behind her.

"Why?!" I bawled. "You said you were dropping me and picking me up for the whole week." I folded my arms and stuck out my lip. No way was I going to take the bus on the first week.

"But he can show you home now, and look - he lives next door." She said, putting emphasis on 'next door'.

"Ugh. you're giving me money to take the bus, aaand to go corner shop." I told her as I left her and my dad's bedroom.

"Ugh fine Jayda, just get changed and do your homework. Oh! And tidy your room!" She shouted after me. It's not everyday clean my room, clean my room. Maybe clean yours for fucks sake.

My phone buzzed and I took it out my pocket.

'Snapchat: 7even is typing...' Seven? What does he want? A smile crept up on my face but I was able to wipe it off before the next notification came though.