Twenty

Omniscient

The next day

Jayda sat alone in her room, surrounded by the tune playing on her computer, where she also worked on Logic Pro X. During the summer of year 9 she had expressed to her parents her love for making music and her father bought her a $200 license to a track that same evening.

"We we're going good, then something went misunderstood," She sung to the beat, writing it down as she went, swaying her head to the melody.

"Aye, send me £20 real quick." Kardo abruptly said as he burst into her room without knocking - as usual.

"For what?" She asked.

"Smartwhip." He replied casually.

"No suh! Fine boy no money." She then kissed her teeth, "how can you be a fraud star and have no money? What happened to the 3k you got a few weeks ago?!"

"That yeah, you know what I spent that on." He said, trying to dismiss the conversation.

"Well no, plus do I have £20 to give to you?" She retorted.

Ricardo kissed his teeth, "lemme hear that though." He added, signalling to the track playing on her computer.

"Say nothing."

"Is this new?" He asked.

"Nah, remember the beat dad bought for me during summer?"

"Yeah." Ricardo commented.

"I never did anything with it until now lol. I just thought I should since he spent so much money on it innit." She said.

"Fairs," he told her as she pressed the space button on the keyboard and the music began playing from the start.

"It's been a while, since we've spoken,
I just can't help but to for-get,
No, I don't know, I don't know where you've been
I don't know, I don't know where you've been.

Not even on my phone, can't even call my phone
I couldn't be chasing after you
Cause my pride has me on lock.
And you'll never know how I feel, how I feel
And I'll never know how you feel, how you feel.

I'll be so real don't come back to me,
If you don't wanna work, it, out.
I'll be so real don't come back to me,
I want to but I can't, being myself to work. it. out.

We were going good, then something went misunderstood..." Jayda paused the music, "that's all I have." She shrugged.

"Nah that's lenggg, you should get someone to hop on."

"Hmmm, maybe."

"What about the guy that goes to your school?" He suggested.

"Kardo my school has like three thousand students." She said, staring at him blankly.

"I mean the one that lives next door, I don't know his name buh." He said, shrugging.

"Oh, Seven." Jayda replied casually, pursing her lips together. "I'll think about it innit."

"Say nothing." Ricardo said before he left her room, shutting the door behind him.