Twenty-Nine

(Seven POV)

I was hurting, but I couldn't care less. Wasting my life sorting out shit like this when I could be doing other things, better things. But nah, Seven Reid-Johnson just had to fuck up one more time.

I'm so tired and really this close (🤏🏾) to calling it quits. But I just can't excuse how I feel about her. Yeah Chevonaée was mans 'first love' and that, but I wouldn't call it love, that's a stretch. Besides, what I have with Jayda probably means way more than what I had with Chevonaée.

"I don't wanna take this for granted, because we have something great." I winged.

"Then don't." My older brother, Sean, told me. "You know what you want to do innit, so do it."

"But you can tell that she's done, like, we haven't spoken to each other directly in a week." I sighed.

"Well that's how some females are, bro. You have to fix it if you're the one who fucked up. It's actually common sense, I don't know why you're stressing." He chuckled at the end of his sentence.

"Nah you don't understand, I feel like this was my last straw." I said.

"Shutup about I don't understand, Am I not older than you?" He questioned me rhetorically. "I'm 22 years old and you're what, 15? Nigga you're on you're second 'girlfriend' and I've got 6 bitches belling my line, one actually being my girl."

"Oh yeah, how is Kearra?" I jumped in.

"Fine." He snapped in his already vicious tone. "You know we did a likkle V-Day ting innitt." He rubbed his hands together before getting back on focus. "But that's not the point, I've made my mistakes, and learnt my lessons. But remember, I'm the original gyalis." He told me, sending a large pat to his chest.

I just gave him a side eye, he's so much like our father for real, there to give you lectures when you don't even need it.

"Sean, can we focus?" I asked him.

"My bad." He replied.

"It's like she can barely be asked with me anymore. like she's got the ick or suttin." I fidgeted with the drawstrings from my tech fleece bottoms in my lap.

"I hear that still." He fumbled a mini basketball in his muscular arms before carelessly throwing it through the mini basketball hoop I had hung on the back of my door. "Wait, what even happened? I'm trying to help you but I don't even know the full story." Sean said.

"Ah so basically yeah." I started. "This was like last year, around late November, December time. And we must've got into an argument."

"About what?" Sean asked.

"Uhh, I think one guy was tryna chat to her still." I said, sugarcoating it. "Chevonaée rang me, and she got upset, then Deontae started belling off her line."

"So what did you say?" He enquired.

"She was like, defending him in a way and I low-key felt threatened," I shrugged. "I kinda told her to suck his dick." I whispered.

"Seven. Kinda?" He tilted his head at me and I felt ashamed. Saying it out loud made it seem so much worse and made me deep it for what it really is.

"Why can't you just control your mouth, Sev?" He kissed his teeth. "Anyways, carry on."

"So she told me to leave innit, then the next day at school we were supposed to sit down and 'talk' about it. She drew me out about the Chevonaée ting. Then get this now." I said, reminiscing on the event.