Eighteen

(Omniscient POV)

"Your great-grandfather is dead." Her mom told her, as Sharon stood distraught in the doorway to her bedroom. She froze. She never thought that she would ever hear those words. Forever going on to bounce around in the halls of her already cloudy mind. Shivers began to embrace her, wrapping around her shoulders and descending down her spine. And as she weeped, again and again, she couldn't help but think - they're both gone.

Her great-grandfather was a pillar of light in the dark, one of the greatest salts of the earth. As long as he was suffering for he kept a smile on his face, to welcome and to comfort others. Never she thought that the indestructible lion that he was would ever pass. Throughout all he's been through, it almost seemed inevitable, but they know one day they'll see each other again.

"How's grandma?" She asked, that was her great-grandfathers daughter.

"She's pushing through it, I guess." Her mom replied.

"Well what about Kar-" just as she said that a bang came from the room next door.

"RICARDO?!" Her mom yelled. In his room, punch holes decorated the walls more than the paintings and award certificates ever could. An aggrieved Ricardo Scott sat on his bed, head laid in his grazed knuckle hands. Pondering, reflecting on what he's just heard.

"Why would you do that?" She asked calmly.

"Man..." he started, before he hung his head. Grieving wasn't new to Ricardo, death wasn't new either. He'd escaped it many times before, almost like it was welcome in his midst.

"It's okay, I mean, at least we get to go to Jamaica.." she said. Still sobbing, trying to talk in an upward note.

"..." Ricardo just sat there, not moving a muscle before she turned and left his bedroom.

.....

"Yes, I'm doing it now mom." Her dad said in an agressive tone. Furiously clicking the computer mouse. "It's not loading! Give me two seconds."

The whole family was struck with grief, anger, denial. You could feel the tension rise and thicken even as just she and her brother tread on eggshells around their mom.

"Sharon!" Her dad called, multiple voices were coming through from downstairs though there were only to people. Her mom and her dad.

"Do you see the prices?"

"Ken. Please, just book the flight. We can worry about the expenses later, I need to see my mother."

"Alright, but remember the cost of the funeral, how much will all of that be? Around £4000?"

"More."

"Hmm, ok, I'll book the flights for everyone and we can go out there as soon as possible?"

"Thank you."

.....

jaydss: is typing...
nana

Nanaaa: hey love❤️
u ok?

jaydss: yh, no
I'm not gonna be in school this week

Nanaaa: awh why not?

jaydss: um my great grandfather passed
I have to fly out to JA

Nanaaa: ok , when r u going?

jaydss: idk, soon, my parents booked the flight I just
don't know when

Nanaaa: snm
We're gonna miss you tho☹️

jaydss: it's fine, I'll be back home, living life w my
cousins😂

Nanaaa: lucky girllll

jaydss: how's Sev ? did you speak to him ??

Nanaaa: yeaa
can't lie he's not doing well at allll😭

jaydss: for real?

Nanaaa: not at all
Mans moving like you died or suttin

jaydss: ...

Nanaaa: sorry

He just really regrets everything I guess, but
he has too much pride to admit it to you💔

jaydss: it's ok

we'll he's gonna have to live with it kmt.
thts what you get for fucking overreacting
over nothing🤷🏾‍♀️

Nanaaa: sigh. this boy is a fool

jaydss: kmt.
I'll call you in a bit though.

Nanaaa: sn, orr you could come over🌝

jaydss: nah man im not giubg over there

Nanaaa: why not ¿

jaydss: icba , nd to see him aswell? No thank youu✋🏾

Nanaaa: loool, Michael and Michaela are on their
way
To look after your boy so I can go home😩

jaydss: well i'll think about it , and if you're still there
in an hour I might go.

Nanaaa: snn
Ill speak to you later this guy just picked up
the bottle againn😫

jaydss: loooool byee🤣

.....

A/N: (not proofread!)

First omniscient chapter🌚🌚 I really like itt!
I even put emojis in😭 idk how i feel about that bcs i never used them before🤷🏾‍♀️ but yeahhh

like and comment innit yktv

jaydalool xx