Hard Cries, Harder Goodbyes

EMILY POV.

I convinced my mom to leave today, instead of tomorrow. I can't handle more time for my heart to break in Rosewood.

I stare out the airport window as the tears of anger, heartbreak, and sadness escape my tired eyes.

I'm angry at my mom for taking me away from Rosewood.

I'm heartbroken because the last thing I wanna do is leave Alison, the love of my life, and my best friends.

Everything is making me sad right now. I truly have no idea how I will be able to handle this. It seems there is just no way I can get over it.

I look down at my phone and I have hundreds of missed calls from Alison. I don't want to answer her. It will only hurt us both more.

ALISON POV.

As Emily walks away I scream her name over and over again. Tears rush down my face and the high pitch scream I'm producing hurts my ears, but I can't stop.

My one true love is walking away from me forever and I'm too weak to chase after her.

I know Emily doesn't really want to leave me like this, she just thinks it's best. She is wrong.

My heart is beating out of my chest and my cheeks are red hot.

After a solid 15 minutes of straight crying, I start to call her.

After an hour of just hearing her voicemail as a sign of her rejecting my call, I just decide to call Aria.

"Hello?" Aria answers

"ARIA!" I scream in horror.

"ALISON! What happened?!" Aria replies with scared curiosity.

"Em-Emily is moving." I cry out.

"Oh my god, what?!" She replies.

"She just left me!! She isn't coming back! We need to go stop her." I cry, barely audible but Aria catches the important parts.

"Okay, okay. Stay calm. I'll come right now." Aria tries to stay calm but I can tell her heart is breaking as well.

Aria picks me up in her car and we start to drive to the airport. Emily was going to leave tomorrow but all I got from her was a text that said "Leaving today. I'm sorry."

While riding in Arias car all I can do is shake and cry. I need Emily. I've fallen so deeply in love with her. I know she's the one. She's perfect. And I will not let her go.

ARIA POV.

Alison shakes and cries as I drive as fast as I can to the airport.

"Alison, honey, everything is going to be okay. You need to stay calm." I say.

She doesn't listen. She just shrieks like someone's been murdered.

Alison IS nothing without Emily. She needs her, but Emily can't help it.

My heart aches at the fact that Emily is leaving, I'm just trying to stay strong for Alison. Emily's been my best friend for so long and I can't imagine my life let alone Rosewood without her. But Alison needs me. Emily is the reason Alison isn't her mean self anymore. They have always loved each other and had a special bond quite greater than the rest of us.

EMILY POV.

I remain to just look like a wreck as I cry my eyes out waiting for my plane to board.

My heart physically hurts and I can't do anything about it. I want to push Alison away. My mind is trying to tell my heart it will be able to move on, but deep down I know I won't.

My mom rests her hand on my knee to try and comfort me but I slap it off. I don't need her comfort when she's the one dragging me away.

She looks at me with sadness and just goes back to reading her magazine.

I try and drift off to a sleep to hopefully dream about something better then this.

I close my eyes and try to rest as tears continue to overflow from my eyes.

While silence finally fills my mind, I hear footsteps sprinting and cries. Alison.

"EMILY!" She yells.

I quickly get up and turn around to see her but instead I feel two arms wrap around me roughly, almost causing me to fall over.

She holds me tighter than she ever has before and cries into my shoulder. I hug her back tight and cry with her.

I shouldn't of tried to leave like that, so terrible and heartbreaking. I shouldn't of tried to think about forgetting her and trying to move on when she's all I ever want.

After what seems like forever, I pull away and look into Ali's puffy eyes. I cup her face with my hands and try not to cry too much.

"I'll love you forever." I whisper.

"No. No. You are NOT leaving." She cries stubbornly, closing her mouth right after so she won't wail out in screams.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." I whisper and shut my eyes that are filled with tears as I shake my head in disbelief.

"Why don't you just stay with me? Or Aria, or Hanna, or anyone!" She cries, remaining stubborn.

Out of nowhere, my mom joins the conversation.

"I'm sorry Alison. I know this isn't your ideal situation but Emily is staying with me. I loved getting to know you, you're like a second daughter. I hope we can visit Rosewood someday before you graduate." She says with her sad eyes, not making the situation any better.

That just causes Alison to cry harder and cling on to me like a magnet. I look at my mom and give her a glare. How could she do this to me?

Alison pulls away and gets on her knees because she's too weak to stand anymore.

I walk to Aria and wrap my arms around her. She's staying strong.

"Thanks for being the most amazing friend. I'll see you again. I'll call you. I'm gonna miss you so much. Please, please stay strong for her." I finish while looking at my beautiful girlfriend crying on the floor.

She hurts my heart.

"GATE 31 BOARDING FOR FLIGHT 62 TO TEXAS." The overhead speaker announces.

My heart drops. My stomach is in knots. I don't want to believe this is real. Please can I just wake up from this nightmare?

I cry harder. I pick Alison off her knees and force her crying eyes to look at me.

"I love you. More than anything. I'll see you again okay? I'll call you, and FaceTime you. Don't forget about me." I whisper.

Alison nods.

"I could never forget you. I love you." Is all she can get out. But it's enough.

I lean in and place my lips against hers, for our last kiss. I can taste the salt from our tears.

We pull away and I glance at her one more time. I finally had her. I finally got my love.

I begin to walk to the plane with my mom and Alison and I's hands disconnect.

I hear her crying her eyes out and screaming in horror, obviously not caring about the scene she is making.

I don't dare to look back.

____________

Hey guys, sorry for the break! Life's been hard! But I miss you all so much. Thanks for all the messages. They helped me more than you could imagine. You all mean the world to me.

Thanks for the ones who have stayed with me.

(The story won't be sad forever)

❤️Gracie