That Should Be Me

***One Week Later***

ALISON POV.

I miss her lips. I miss her deep brown eyes. I miss her smile and her adorable laugh. I miss the way she calls me "babe." I just miss everything, and I would just do anything to be with her again. I miss the love of my life. I miss Emily Fields.

I can't focus on anything these days. I can't focus on school, my friends, my family... I can barely focus on myself. I can only focus on Emily and how much I want her. Emily truly makes me a better person. She brings out the best in me and now that she's gone I can already see myself changing. Every once in a while I will say a really bitchy "old Alison" line that I don't mean. I have so much going on in my personal life that I can feel myself start to take it out on other people, but I snap out of it before it goes too far.

I walk into school with my head down and holding my books close to my chest. I hear the whispers and the chuckles as Rosewood High absolutely hates me once again. Emily is practically the most loved person at this school and when everybody heard I cheated her I turned into the most hated person in Rosewood High.

As I'm walking down the hall I see the posters for Homecoming all over the boards and walls of the school. I usually love homecoming, but I don't think I am going this year. I was looking forward to going with Emily but things change I guess.

I take out my phone and slide through all the unanswered text messages I have sent Emily in the past month. I look at all the times I tried to win Emily back and then scroll up farther. I smile as I read our old text messages and how cute she was. I've tried deleting the texts but I can't bring myself to do it. I also can't change my screen savor; it is of Emily and I kissing in LA on the bridge. I begin to get caught up in looking at the pictures of Em and I until I look up and feel somebody bump me, causing me to fall down. I could tell the person wasn't looking and wasn't trying to hit me on purpose. I hear people in the hallways laughing at me and that causes me to frown.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" I hear a sweet voice ask. I look up immediately when I recognize that voice. Emily. Our eyes meet and I gulp as get hypnotized by those eyes. I slowly nod, telling her I'm fine. The laughing fades as I only focus on Emily.

"You sure?" She asks again softly as she kneels down to help me pick up my stuff that's all over the floor.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I say softly, avoiding those perfect eyes. I pick up all my books and quickly start to walk away from her. If I look at her one more time I'm gonna lose it. I then realize I don't have my phone.

"Shit." I mumble as I turn around to grab it. I turn around and my eyes widen as I see Emily, still kneeling at the place where I fell, looking at the screen savor on my phone. She doesn't realize I see her. I take a step towards her and she looks up quickly. She gets up out of her kneeling position and stands with her hand out, giving me my phone. I feel my face turn bright red as I reach out for it. Our fingers slightly touch and that causes my whole body to feel weaker. She lets go of the phone and gives me a small smile.

"Th-thanks." I stutter softly. I get my phone and feel warm tears run down my cheeks as I run to the bathroom.

EMILY POV.

I kneel down to get Alison's phone and I see her screen savor. It's the picture of us kissing in LA. I just stare at it as I realize how incredibly adorable it is that it is still her screen savor. I also realize it matches mine. I see that exact picture every time I go on my phone. I haven't been able to change it since we broke up. I then feel myself getting sad as I miss her and want to be with her again. I just wish that she never cheated, things would be so much easier.

As I get lost in my thoughts looking at the picture I hear steps toward me and I look up to see Alison. I quickly stand up and hand her phone, giving her a small smile. She gives me a soft "thank you" than runs away. It looks like she's crying and that causes my heart to break even more.

I stand and watch her run away. I just stare at her and want to run after but I don't. It feels like my body is constantly fighting with my heart, but my heart never wins. As she disappears into the distance I look around and see everybody staring at me as they have just watched what happened between Alison and I. When Alison and I broke up the school was devastated. The students here loved Ali and I together more than anyone. I scan the faces as they look heartbroken and disappointed. I think they all wanted us to just kiss and make up. Their emotions are the same as mine.

I give my fellow students a nod and walk away.

ALISON POV.

The bell rings and school is finally over. I need to get out of here. Every day here just gets worse and worse. I have to walk home today because I didn't feel up to driving this morning. I put in my headphones and listen to my music. As I get closer to my house I see chalk written on the side walk.

It reads, "ALISON DILAURENTIS..." I start to walk faster as I see more writing on the sidewalk.

"WILL YOU DO ME THE GREAT HONOR..." It says in bright pink chalk. I run as I want to read more. I feel a smile creep upon my face.

"OF BEING MY DATE..." I'm getting closer to my house and once I reach it the chalk reads,

"TO HOMECOMING?" I laugh as I read the last couple of words. This is absolutely adorable. There are flowers all over the word "Homecoming" and the writing is huge. There's also a ton of candy around it and electric candles that you can turn on and off. By the cheesiness of all the decorations, there's only one person this could be. Emily.

A huge smile forms on my face as I think about how cute she is. I keep looking down at the writing and then I see a bouquet of flowers.

"Will you?" I look up and my heart drops when I don't see Emily standing in front of me. I see Charlie. I try to hide my disappointment as I look at him. I was so sure it was Emily. I was so happy we would finally be reunited again. My vision starts to get blurry because of the tears filling my eyes. He sees the tears and quickly speaks.

"Just as friends though.. I know your heart belongs to Emily." He says with a small smile. He really is great friend even though he helped ruin Emily and I's relationship. But the truth is, I am the only one to blame for that.

"Of course." I say softly with a smile as I give him a big hug, "I would love to." He smiles and hands me the flowers.

EMILY POV.

After school I drive home and decide to go for a run. I grab my stuff and quickly head out, playing the music loudly into my ears. I decide to take the path I always take and run by Alison's house. As I get closer to her house I see writing on the sidewalk. I continue to run and I turn extremely confused as I read the writing.

"ALISON DILAURENTIS... WILL YOU DO ME THE GREAT HONOR OF BEING MY DATE... TO HOMECOMING?" I stop as I get to the end of the message and pull my earphones out. I feel my heart drop. I should be the one doing this for her. I look at how the word "Homecoming" has flowers and candies and candles all around it and it looks like something I might do. Though, I would do it better of course. I feel a tear run down my cheek. I look up and see Alison standing on her porch looking at me in shock as she saw that I read the message. Both of our tear filled eyes meet.

"Em." She whispers, taking a step towards me.

"No, I'm happy for you." I say as my voice cracks because I'm about to burst. I wipe my tears away and before she can say anything else I put my earphones back in and sprint away from Alison.

I stop at the end of a corner and catch my breath. I close my eyes and shake my head it frustration as tears fall from my eyes.

That should be me.