Prom?

EMILY POV.

I sit on the plane and wait for it to take off. My ear buds are in and I'm listening to the playlist of songs that remind me of Alison. It's unhealthy how much I miss her. Every second of every day she is on my mind. I'm just so excited to see her.

After the text I sent her the other night, all she replied was "okay." I don't know what that means in this situation but it could've been much worse.

I've been trying to think of ways to ask my girlfriend to Prom but it's a lot harder then it seems. It must be perfect and creative. I have a whole plane ride to think about it so hopefully something will come to mind.

"Passengers, please buckle your seat belts, we are clear for take off."

ALISON POV.

I wake up to the sound of my stupid alarm beeping in my ear. Another day of hell. Great. I slam the clock to make it stop and sit up in bed. I hold back my tears, like I do every morning, and hop in the shower.

I think about Emily as the hot water pours down, per usual. After she ended it with me, I blocked her and deleted her from my contacts. Part of me wonders if she sent me another text, maybe apoligizing , but I don't even bother getting my hopes up.

I dry my hair as I stand in my towel, facing the mirror. I then, tie my hair in a pony tail and walk to my closet.

Over the weekend, I went and did some shopping. I'm so sick of my old bright and colorful clothing. It's not me anymore. I'm just not as cheerful. Things need to change.

My eyes are exposed to my new clothing. They're darker.

I slip on my black jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket, and motorcycle boots. A style that is closer to Emily's, but works with her happy personality. But for me, it helps highlight my darker one.

I apply my eye-liner and mascara in the mirror. After I finish, I let out a heavy sigh. I have a really weird feeling about this day. It's probably just going to end up sucking like all the rest of them.

I walk slowly to my mirror. When I come face to face with it, I look at my new self. Better.

EMILY POV.

I'm sitting on the plane only thinking about my Alison.

I'm so anxious to see her. It feels like it's been forever. She's still my everything and I don't think that will ever change. I just want her to know that.

I try to fall asleep so that the time until I can see my girlfriend comes faster.

ALISON POV.

I'm so sick of walking down this hallway everyday. I look to my right and see the poster for Prom thats coming up next week. It makes me so angry every time I see it. Emily and I used to always talk about going. We were always so excited for it. Now, it's something I'm not even attending.

Peoples jaws are dropping when they see me today. I understand though. I look and feel like a totally different person.

I walk up to the girls.

"Um... Hey Ali" Spencer says with confusion as she looks at me.

"Is that even you? You look totally different." Aria questions.

"Yeah. I feel like this look represents me better than my old stuff." I explain.

"Well, if you want my opinion, I think you look hot." Hanna interupts. For the first time in a while, I let out a giggle.

"Thank Hanna." I laugh.

The bell rings and we all walk to our separate classes.

EMILY POV.
When I get to Rosewood, a driver takes me to Spencer's house where I drop off my stuff.

Then, as fast as I can I run to the school.

I'm ready to ask Alison to prom. I'm so fucking nervous to see her. I don't even know what to do with myself. My butterflies have never been this bad.

I am VERY close with the people in the office so I talk to them a bit and explain the situation.

They completely agree and give me approval as I go to the auditorium.

As I walk in I immediately remember that smell. It's so weird how many memories it brings back. Like when I gave my speech. But there were also some good memories too.

ALISON POV.

"Woah, Alison. You look different." This guy Kyle mentions next to me.

"I know I do." I say with a slightly bitchy tone, even though I wasn't trying to.

I'm sitting through history tapping away at my pencil when the classroom door opens.

"We have a call slip for Alison Dilaurentis." The nice lady announces.

Great. I'm probably in trouble... Again.

I walk up to receive my slip.

After the lady hands it to me I examine it. It's saying to go to the auditorium. What the hell?

I go along with it and walk down the dirty hallway until I slowly open the doors of the auditorium. It's empty.

I walk in further and see one single chair set in the middle, facing the stage.

There's a paper that says, "Reserved for Alison."

What is going on? I lift my eyebrow and slowly sit down.

The lights turn off in the auditorium and it's almost completely pitch black. My heart starts to race. Is it A?

All of the sudden and spotlight shines on the far left of the stage. My nerves calm when I see Toby walk into it holding a big sign with a "P" on it.

A second spotlight is shined next to Toby and Spencer walks in it. With the same sign but with a "R" on it.

The third spotlight hits and I see Aria with the "O."

Hanna walks in with the "M."

I look at the letters put together as they all smile at me.

"PROM"

The spotlights remain to shine on all of them as I take it all in. All my friends wanna take me to prom. I just don't think it's my scene this year. With Emily gone and all of that.

It takes me a bit, but I reply.

"Guys that's so sweet. I appreciate it so much, I really do. But I really don't want to go to prom this year. I'm sorry."

They all look at me and smirk.

"This isn't a question if there is no question mark. We didn't really ask you." Spencer states.

I'm so confused.

"What? I just don't want to go."

All of the sudden a 5th spotlight hits.

Someone walks in holding a question mark.

"How about now?" That perfect voice asks.

"Emily." I whisper.