One Month Anniversary Part 3-(I hate myself)

ALISON POV.

"You didn't remember. You didn't remember our One Month Anniversary." When Emily said those words my heart broke. My stomach dropped. My eyes popped out of my head. I couldn't believe I actually forgot our One Month. We always talked about it. I hate myself so much right now. Emily had set up this beautiful arrangement for me and I didn't get her anything. She was being the most amazing girlfriend in the world and I was being the worst. I didn't know what to say to her. I had no excuses.

"Em. I-i'm so sorry." is all I could say. I was so surprised with myself. I felt tears coming up in my eyes and I finally managed to look her in the eyes. She looked so hurt, so heartbroken. It made my heart break just looking at her.

"No, no it's okay. It's stupid. This was stupid, sorry." She said trying to act like she wasn't hurt. I could tell she was and she should be. I still can't believe myself.

"Emily this is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. Not stupid." I said to her as I was crying. "I'm  so sorry, I'm such an idiot Em. Please forgive me I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you I promise." I was balling at this point. Emily was still trying to act like she wasn't hurt or mad about how I forgot.

"It-it's okay," A tear rolled down her cheek but she quickly wiped it away, "I'm sorry I actually forgot about this thing that I need to do, if you would excuse me." She was lying. She practically sprinted away from me leaving me standing alone.

"Em wait!!!" I called out for her. She didn't look back and just kept running. You could tell she was crying in her hands. I let her go. I let her run away from me. I almost wanted her to run away from me because I was such bitch. I stood there in shock. I walked over to the kissing rock and sat down. I looked down and read the 'EF+AD' inside a heart on the rock. I remembered the time Em and I wrote that. I then began to cry uncontrollably and I couldn't stop. I knew I hurt Emily a lot. It broke me thinking what she did for me, it was perfect, just like Emily. If I had just remembered our anniversary we could be eating a romantic dinner together right now. But I had to screw it all up.

ARIA POV.

After Alison went to go find Emily at the kissing rock, Hanna Spencer and I all sat in our car and ate pizza and just talked. We talked about how cute what Emily was doing for Ali was. We all knew Ali would love it. We also just talked about our boyfriends and gossip until we see Emily running out of the woods, with no Ali. It looked like she was crying. But why? All the girls got out of the car and to her.

"Emily what happened?!? Is Ali ok? Are you ok?" I asked worried. Maybe Ali got hurt! She was crying pretty hard. She then looked up at us with her red, puffy eyes and managed to say,

"She forgot."

"What do you mean she forgot?!" Spencer screamed as Hanna was holding Em in a tight hug.

"She forgot our anniversary." Em said crying. This made me so angry. I was beyond pissed at Alison. Her and Em ALWAYS talked about this and now she just forgets? Emily worked so damn hard on this for her. All the girls were in shock at Alison but kept on comforting Emily.

"Please take me home." Emily said as she calmed down a bit. Spencer drove and I drove so I said,

"Spence, you take Emily home. Hanna and I will wait for Alison. She needs a ride." All the girls nodded. I gave Emily one last hug and told her it was going to be okay. As much as I didn't want to wait for Alison, I had to. 

I waited in my car for 20 minutes with Hanna than finally saw Ali walking out of the woods crying. I honestly didn't feel bad for her. I pulled up right in front of her and angrily signaled her to get in the passenger seat. Hanna was in the back. She opened the door and got in. She obviously had been balling but seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"She worked all week on that Alison. She worked hours upon hours, all for you. How could you forget? I'm really dissapointed in you Ali." I told her sternly.

"I know," She began crying hard again, "I know I'm a complete bitch that just hurt Emily so bad. I feel so terrible right now Aria. I hate myself so much. I don't know why Emily didn't just punch me in the face right then and there." She said as she cried. Now I started to feel a little bad for her, because I know she felt terrible.

"She didn't punch you because she loves you Ali. You're her everything and thats why she's so hurt." I told her. Hanna was staying silent.

She was still crying hard, "No she doesn't! She doesn't love me after what I did to her tonight! Who would love me Aria?! I'm the worst person in the world." 

"She does love you Alison! When she says it to you she means it." I told her. She then didn't say anything and got silent.

"We haven't told each other we love each other yet." She said slowly. Hanna and I were shocked because it was obvious they loved each other. But saying it is a big deal so I guess they didn't just throw it out there. 

"Didn't she tell you when she gave you the ring?" Hanna asked. Ali then looked at Hanna surprised, "You know the promise ring?"

"HANNA!" I yelled at her signaling that Emily obviously hadn't given it to her yet. Typical Hanna...

"Sorry! I thought she had given it to her." Hanna said a little embarresed.

"She was going to give me a promise ring?" Ali said with a small smile. Ugh Hanna. Ali's smile went straight back into crying.

"Now she'll never give it to me. I ruined everything!" She yelled. 

"No you didn't Ali. It will be okay," I explained. "Just know she's not going to come crawling back to you tomorrow. You need to understand that Emily's really hurt." Ali nodded and the rest of the car ride was silent. We dropped her off at her house and Hanna and I went back to check on Em.

We walked into her room and she just had her head in her pillow while she was crying. Spencer was just rubbing her back. We all comforted her for a while and she finally stopped crying.

"God, everything I did was so stupid." She said dissapointed.

"No Em, don't say that. What you did was beautiful and anyone would be lucky to get that for their anniversary. Ali just made a big mistake and trust me, she knows that." I told her.

"What did she say? In the car ride back?" she looked at me curiously. 

"She was mostly crying, but she does feel terrible. She kept saying how much of a bitch she was being and how she's such a terrible person and she hates herself for doing what she did to you. She said what you did was incredible and she was sorry she made a huge mistake." I said. Emily looked at me and looked down.

"She shouldn't hate herself." Emily said. I actually thought it was adorable how even after what Ali did, Emily was still worrying about her and sticking up for her. 

"So, what's going to happen between you two?" Spencer asked. 

"I don't know Spence." Emily said sadly.

The night carried on and all the girls (besides Ali) decided we were going to watch a movie to get Em's mind off of things since she has been crying all night. We decided to watch "The Other Women" because it was hilarious and we all needed a good laugh. 

Em and I were alone in her kitchen making popcorn and I was still surprised that Ali and Em hadn't said I love you to each other yet so I asked Em about it.

"So Em, Ali told me you guys haven't said 'I love you' to each other yet. Is that true?"

"Yeah it's true. To me, and Ali I guess, saying I love you is a huge deal. Like really really huge. I was going to say it tonight but.. you know." She explained. I thought it was cute that saying I love you for them was such a big deal. People these days just throw it out there right away and it doesn't really mean much. But for Em and Ali, it meant everything.