9

'Impudent dumb bitch! How could you not even think about that!' I said to myself in a whisper-hiss tone reprimanding myself. *sigh* 'Phoebe!  can you help me here? Please activate the invisibility spell.' I said finally giving up.

'Yes, Princess. Good luck on sneaking out Lilan.' Phoebe said her voice filled with a brim of amusement. 'Ah, yes. I'll be needing all the good luck wishes in the world.' I took a deep breath and chanted the spell.

I jumped off the opened window carefully trying to not bump into any of the items and appliances near the window. Once I got on the ground it was an easy feat afterward and I just simply carried out my mission for the night. As long as I also figure out a way to go back into my room without being suspected, I'll presumably have it easier in the future as long as I quickly get the hang of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~2 years after~

It's not been a walk in the park for the past two years of my life here on Earth. There have been countless instances and moments wherein I almost got caught going to and from my missions.  I got to go and experience mortal school which was fun. With that, I'm now in college thanks to the documents they had ready for me here.

And as much as I miss my family: mother, father, and grandma, back home but I have been having fun and loved my stay here. There were no special treatments as a royalty, no responsibilities I have to commit to as part of my family, and no expectations of other people that I have to meet just to not bring shame onto our family and kingdom. I just felt so... free! 

And I loved it... During my stay here I still have been continually helping out at the station even though I wasn't staying there anymore. And I easily adapted and felt at ease with my daily life here.

On that particular day, I was just helping out and cleaning here and there at the station when a guy in a police uniform came in, and I was pretty sure he wasn't part of the crew and men here.

I leaned towards Lizzie, she was a newly graduated officer and was stationed here, "Liz, who's that guy? He looks so smug and arrogant and is trying to hide it in his somewhat cold and 'domineering' facade."  I said, air-quoted the word domineering as I mocked him outright behind his back, not that I wouldn't do it in front of him though. I've seen thousands of people like him in my world, trying to look professional when they're all just vying for the same thing, power.

"Well apparently, he's the new member of the family in the station, Police Corporal Evans, Xander Evans. He was at the top of his class and is allegedly entitled as a prodigy by the professors back at the military school. "

We both looked at him as he introduced and greeted every single one of the officers in the station who were welcoming him warmly as their reply after doing their salutations. Lizzie and I watched as he did so to every single one of them till he reached Lizzie.

"Good day, Officer Gonzales. I'm Corporal Xander Evans."  He said as he saluted her.

"And, um. I'm sorry to be rude, I must be getting in the way. Is he a complainant Officer Gonzales?"

"Oh, no. I'm Lilan, Olivia Lilan Wind, well now I'm a Santiago."

"Santiago? then you must be Lieutenant Santiago's child?"

"Ah, yes indeed I am," I said trying to be as polite as possible. "I see,"

"Though I am adopted by the law, I am still her child," I said mumbling to myself as low as possible so he could not hear what I just said. Starting to get pissed at the arrogance he emits.  "But lass, this a police station, not some kindergarten where parents could leave their child outside of their care," He said brows in a tight-knit.

"Now Evans, try to be good, will you?"  Carlos said pleading, he was one of Clarise's partners here in the station. But of course, they would since they have already seen firsthand what I was capable of when I'm pissed. 

"But what I'm saying is true though, Staff Sergeant Vector..."

"We consider Lilan as one of our own here. There have been several instances where one of us could've been killed in this station and during our missions and raids, and she said saved us through all of those."

"But aren't our missions supposed to be confidential, Sir? How was she able to find and help you? I don't mean to be rude but,  find that  suspicious Sir."

"They are. Lilan helped us whilst not knowing the details of the missions even up until now. She never knew what those missions were for. And she found and helped us because she was following us we could feel her, at first, of course, we stopped her and as we thought she wouldn't follow anymore she was there, just following us silently and stealthily. She never disturbed our missions and instead helped us. And now we consider her an intern here, though not officially just yet since she is currently going to college for military medicine." Clarise said as she was coming in and carefully answering all of his ridiculous questions one by one while carrying her dignified presence.

" I see, but isn't it still against our protocol to let her be here and while doing your missions, Lieutenant?"

"We got an official order signed and agreed by officials in the headquarters themselves if that's what you're worried about," Clarise replied.

I was the type of person who holds my first impressions of people in a rather high value, and my impression of him is that as much as he was an awfully attractive guy, I'm pretty sure his personality has not so great, I'd even say bad. And to think that I have to endure being with someone with that kind of personality is going to be hard just thinking about it. 

"But still--" Before he could even finish another one of his ridiculous statements, I immediately punched him in the stomach to silence his foolishness. He just came here and is already getting on my nerves. I have rather long patience but with him, it immediately shortens...

Goddess, do I hate him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~