25

Lilan's POV

It's been a few days since I've come back. Throughout I've been busy getting ready for my upcoming coronation, although legally I am already the queen of the Air Kingdom what's left needed is the coronation ball and all those fancy publicity appearances to appease the other nobles. 

But when I heard the announcement of attacks in the Fire Kingdom, I knew I had to go there instantly. Help them and lead my kingdom and the others to victory and safety. Hence, The coronation was done in a rush. No balls. Not anything fancy schmancy. The following day I immediately ordered the knights to set out on the borders of our kingdom, of course, supervised by the leaders of each of their groups.

I instantly set out to go to the Fire Kingdom, together with a few of my own army soldiers, to help with the war. Macy their newly crowned queen and a good friend of mine are leading all of them, together with the leaders of the other kingdoms. A few miles from the kingdom, the winds are crying, whining in pain and remorse for those who died and, unfortunately, are about to die in battle.

 I met up with the high priest of their kingdom, a widely known powerful healer.  Inside the once beautiful chapel, are the injured and dead soldiers brought back from the battle. Seeing them now, I could now see and painstakingly come to knowledge and terms that this has gone too far. Now that the dark forest is about to go down, still without an heir to lead them, they have become bloodthirsty and are wreaking havoc on our whole world, trying to bring us all down together with them.

I let my soldiers run towards the battle, the havoc, the war, the chaos to be of help to others. Just behind them, there I was trying to stall time to garner back my energy fully and let it flow through me with ease. I let my hand fall to my sides, letting my fingers brush the bow hanging on my side just right beside my sword, it was a gift to me by the leader of the ministry of magic for my supposed happy coronation day. I grip my fingers to it holding it up and positioning my aim on a warlock attacking one of my soldiers from behind. The soldier looked in my direction and smiled at me gratefully. I mean, I may not look like it but I'm pretty close with all our maids and soldiers, you could say that I'm friendly, an extrovert. 

I grip my bow again, aiming it and firing one shot after another, slashing enemies that come close with the blade at both ends of my bow. Casting spells to protect my allies if it's too risky to aim with my arrows. I kept going at it as if unbothered by the line of bodies around me that I'd killed as if I was the one who was crazed and bloodthirsty. 

"Se Mi El títere!" I whispered under my breath looking intently at a  warlock that seemed to be strong, I presume to be a leader of one of the sanctions of warlocks. When I first looked at him he sneered at me with lust so evident in his eyes that I flinched for a second now he looks at me with nothing but fear as my powers spread through his body like a virus, widening my area of control over him and just for a few more seconds I will gain control over his head. 

"Inclínate Ante Mí." I chanted and he slowly went down to his knees with fear-stricken eyes. "Ahora Eres Mi Guerrero." I chanted again, and now his eyes were blank, just like his entire being as it is now under my command. It's nothing but a soulless robot ordered to fight and which he'll do without a fight until he dies. This was one of the gruesome parts of my gift, but as much as I hate it, it also is and will be the magic that saves my comrades. 

I did the same thing to a few more warlocks that I deemed won't die that easily. The day was nearing its end and I could feel my space biting me back and taking its toll on me especially when I still haven't fully adjusted back to our world's magic. I tried to take a few seconds to take a break from time to time to do breathing exercises but I couldn't stomach the taste of the air around me. It has been fully polluted by blood so much that it's making me nauseous. The wind was weeping the loss of the warlocks and my comrades. 

The whole day the advantages were on our side, but now that the moon has come out, the main source of magic for dark warlocks and werewolves, I could feel our imminent danger coming. Here comes more pain, grief, anger, and death. As of now, we have been trying to push them, corner them back to their forest home, their territory. But now, we are the ones being pushed back. All of us are now drained from a long day's fight, our magic energy forced to be sucked out. I could already see a few soldiers crying in fear and agony, praying to the goddesses for their family and owns safety. 

And as long as the moon is still out we are all and will be fighting a losing battle for however long this war will last...