26

Xander's POV

It has been three days since I heard the news of Lilan setting out for the Fire Kingdom to help in the war. The soldiers patrolling the kingdom including the borders have been quite tense so much that even the villagers have become nervous. They were given the orders to be meticulous with their work, if they have been before they have to do it twice more than before. 

I've been so worried about Lilan ever since she left that I have been tossing and turning in my sleep. She's out there fighting for the well-being of her kingdom and the people that she cares about while I'm here not being able to do anything for the woman I love. I should be able to do something, no, I have to do something, anything for her. To end her suffering more because of the war.

But because of the war, I really can't do much if I were to be caught I'll be hanged in the middle of the town for everyone to see, and have my head chopped off and displayed on the kingdom walls as a tribute to both warriors of the war and a sign for the future generations to see for them to remember this war for as long as time may allow.

When night came, I slowly creeped out to the forest going in the direction of the dark forest. I was a few more miles away from the forest but I could already feel a tingling feeling in my stomach alluring me to go farther in the direction of the forest. I took hold of myself and continued on my path making sure that my hood is still covering my face. 

When I finally reached the entrance, or at least that's what this creepy arc seems to like to me, it took me at least a few minutes of breathing exercises before I went in. It suddenly became chilly the moment I stepped foot inside, there were no winds but it was a chilly night. The sound of crickets just made the setting eerier. After a few more moments and scratches from the trees and tripping of me going down the same path, the road started to illuminate in this majestic hue of the colors blue and violet. The trees that once swayed eerily are now glowing in the same shades, swaying as if it's alive and showing me the way. 

I once again continued my way to my destination. After minutes of trudging and groans of tiredness, I finally reached the dark city, a city, or more like a kingdom, hidden in the middle of the dark forest. Most warlocks that I see are all wearing hoods covering at least half of their faces, luckily I am wearing the same get up too. But what's weird is that they're not as tense as the guards back in the Air Kingdom, they're even rather relaxed. Maybe it's also because they know from the very first start it's a suicide mission, it's either they lose and only their race will be extinct or they'll win and all creatures of this world dies together with them. 

At this point I don't even know if I should be angry at them for all the lives that have died because of the war they started, or pity them for these is their last days as a clan without a leader and main regulator of magic. Since the leaders of each kingdom are considered the regulators of magic. They absorbed the overflowing magic given to them by the goddesses and nature and slowly let that magic travel to all their people.

But now that I'm here all I have to do is stick around and be updated on the updates here and all news that I deem to be really important and would be of big help to Lilan will be sent to her directly through all the communication stones I bought, of course, it will be anonymous. She can't know that I'm here, at least until the war hasn't ended yet, it would just cause her worry and pain, which are the distractions she can't afford during battle. And I might also get found with just one slip of my name, at least in that way when they start to get suspicious about me even the slightest I can still flee.

"Oye quien eres?!" One warlock said which made me jump in shock. "Mi nombre es Michael, uno de los señores espías del reino del aire. Ya me descubrieron, por lo tanto, volví." I said already thought of a lie to say when this question was asked. And thank god I took Spanish classes in high school. That's also one of the stuff I found out about this world Spanish and English are the only two languages spoken here.  "¡Entonces ve a su señor ahora al instante!" He said again. Without a choice i had to go to their lord for a report.

 "¡Muestra tu rostro!" The dark lord ordered me the moment I came here. When I pulled my hood down he looked shocked. "Comprueba su marca." He ordered one of the warlocks beside him. I showed the mark that Lilan thought me is the warlock's mark. It's a mark that shows your standing in their society. When the soldier saw my mark, he himself also looked shocked and then suddenly became teary-eyed. W-what is going on?! "Sire, we finally have an heir! Our new lord has come!" What?!

"Boy, is your mother perhaps Melissa Evans?" The dark lord asked carefully. "Y-yes. May I know how you know my mother, Sire?" I said confused. "Ah, you are indeed her son! My son! The woman of Earth has bore an heir, the moon goddess has blessed us!" He said sounding relieved and happy. He has become old as what the rumors have said indeed. If he really is my father then, I have an easier way to stop the war, to save Lilan from her sacrifices.

I finally found him. My real father...