23

I am now back. I'm finally home. Home to my birth land. My world. My future kingdom.

The other side of the passage opened up in the thick forest of ice, found in between the Water and Air kingdoms.

When I finally landed both my feet on the other side of the portal, I could hear the familiar buzz of the wings of fairies. The scent of snow came rushing into my nose, carrying the smell of trees and magic.

I could feel the peering eyes of the little ice fairies watching me. Well, I couldn't blame them really. It wasn't every day that you would a dimension skipper coming back from whatever world they came from.

I chuckled lightly as I heard the faint whispers of them discussing who I was. When I pulled down my hood, I heard their gasps.

"My goddess! It's the one and only princess of the Air kingdom! She must've heard the news of the war coming from the winds!" They said in whispers in their tiny pitched voices.

So I was right, after all, there was indeed war coming. A blood bath. I continued walking my way through the snow going towards the direction of my kingdom.

I could've just teleported my way there, but the whispers of gossip the fairies were saying gave me at least a gist of what is going around in the societies of this world.

And as expected, our prophetesses have already announced what was to come. Due to this the royalties and other aristocrats are panicking and going haywire.

Indeed I have missed a lot during my absence. It looks like I have a lot of work to do once I get back to the castle. *Sigh* How I indeed missed my life back on Earth. The easy-going life of university and relationships.

When I finally got back to the castle, I was welcomed by the shouts as I have come back unannounced. They were trying their best to welcome me with all their might, but according to tradition, the welcoming of a dimension traveler, as long as he did not do anything illegal or shameful to his or her house, is considered to be a big event.

Dimension travelers are considered heroes, especially MMFT officers like me and Ophelia. As they, or should I now say we, are big contributors to our world still being kept a secret for millions of centuries.

So to say, we are held in quite a high regard respect here. And if I were to compare it to the mortal world, they hold us in the same regard as military officers.

Mother and Father tried to welcome me as fast as they could with Mother having a surprisingly huge stomach and Father helping her with her every step. The shock was evident on my face as they walked up to me.

"Welcome back my dear lovely daughter! I missed you so much!" Mother said. Both of them engulfed me in as much hug as they could with Mum's pregnant belly in between us.

"Well as you could see," She said motioning towards her belly. "I'm pregnant!" She shrieked. Confirming my confused thoughts. "Though the chief elf healer did say it was a risky pregnancy as I, though I refuse to believe, have gotten quite old." She said still with a smile on her face.

"Oh, my goddess! Mum, you're pregnant!" I screamed happily, which was joined shortly after by my Mum's happy squeak. "Why didn't you tell me?! I'm about to have a baby sibling soon!" I said hugging my Mum. Still being mindful of her belly.

"I didn't have the chance to, when the ball of welcoming a royal child had finished, the news of war then came next and all contact to other worlds was nearly impossible to do." She said sadly. I could feel her guilt and worry for not telling me such amazing news sooner.

She then inhaled and railed in her motherly emotions. It was one of the hundreds of qualities I admired about her. She could easily separate her thoughts and emotions when needed. Like there was some switch she just needed to click to switch from being a queen to a mother and vice versa.

Now she's standing in front of me not as a mother who had just told her daughter some amazing news a few seconds ago and should be in some kind of celebratory mood, but as a queen welcoming respectful dimension travelers but also bearing some disturbing news.

"Now that you're back, you must have heard the news from the whispers of the wind." She said to which I simply nodded, brows furrowed in worry for what is to come. "Though based on your deal with the ministry of magic regarding your succession of the throne you must take over it as fast as possible the moment you have come back at the right age however, based on the recent events of war happening, we cannot afford to even create a large ball of succession for you. But you must still take over the throne before the war as you are needed on the frontline of the war and lead our kingdom to peace. Especially in my current state as of the moment." She said, filled with so much dignity that was worthy and expected of a ruler of a kingdom.

"Of course, I understand, Mother. For the time being, I believe we should still undergo the needed procedure of succession and think of the ball later on when the situation isn't in that much of danger and we are not to be shamed for such celebratory events happening in our kingdom at such dire time." I said now filled with the dignity of a crown princess.

I have now bowed down and bid farewell to my parents and walked towards my room. I have to start getting back to work now. My time pretending to be a mortal has now ended, I am back to being the crown princess of one of the main kingdoms.

I am simply not just Olivia Lilan Santiago, the adopted daughter of a police lieutenant, anymore. But I am now Crown Princess Olivia Lilan Wind, the future queen of the Wind Kingdom. One of the expected war heroes in this upcoming war.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~