27

Lilan's POV

This is getting way out of hand. The battlefield is drenched in blood, bodies are found in every inch, and dying moans have become a norm. In every whip of your head you'll see dozens, if not, hundreds of bodies now a mix of warlocks, witches, wolves, and fairies. Hope has been long gone in the eyes of soldiers. 

This has come too far. When night falls and the light of the moon comes and shines over us, that is the time we are being pushed back and even now we can't do anything. We witches and fairies are sorcerers that take life from the sun, while warlocks and werewolves take them from the moon.

Our forces are weakening. Hope has been long gone in the eyes of the soldiers. I can't let this continue on. I can't let my kingdom, my world suffer when I could obviously do something for them.  I must do something.

When the day came, the most I could do was pep talk them into having the will to even fight and not just run off to the field to commit suicide. Encouragement did not do much for them anymore, and that's when they've gone deep already. Deep into despair, sadness, fear, anger, and oblivion. What must I do to see their once happy faces again? 

We have already tried to negotiate with them but they have outwardly refused us even going as far as sending back the shredded body parts of one of the soldiers sent there to give the message. Such a heinous crime at least brought out even a small speck of will to our soldiers though it was for the wrong reasons. They wanted revenge, for their comrade and for themselves. For all the death and pain they have caused us all.

I have read of wars in our history books before. Not just in our world but I have also read some from Earth, the mortal realm. I knew for a fact that it was scary. Outrightly wrong and unfair, but I have never imagined it to be something like this. This is on a whole other level. The despair, pain, grief. Having to watch your comrades die every single day, one at a time. 

You don't even know whose blood is splattered on your armor anymore. It is now a mix of everyone's, a mix of allies' and enemies' blood. I feel disgusted with myself every time I look at myself, at my armor, at my face. And I know I'm not the only one feeling like this, I could see it in everyone's eyes. Brutality and despair are the only things that are left in our systems.

"Hey, you okay?" Ryan suddenly said from behind me. Yes we have worked things out, it may not be the same as before we may not be that close anymore, but we still promised to be there for each other. Also yes, we talked all about it here with the war boing around us. But I'm really thankful that we are now okay and that I have him here, if not, I might really have gone crazy already. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just that, I wish I could do something to bring back the lives they all once had. To bring back my soldier's carefree smile. I wish I could do something for them. Because I would do just about everything for them, you know?" I said pained once again by the thought of helplessness. "Yeah, I understand that a lot. But what can we do? We can't do anything else than win this freaking 50-50 battle we're going through." He said sighing. "I'm just going to walk around for a bit maybe scout the area some more," I said when we reached the entrance of our camp. He just simply nodded in response.

I was patrolling the area while taking a breather from all my overthinking thoughts when a woman in a robe approached me. I instantly pointed my sword at her. "I come in peace, your highness." She said slowly raising her hands to show that she was surrendering, she then slowly pulled her hood down to show her face, meaning absolute surrender and peace coming. I also slowly lowered my sword and demanded her for the reason of her presence before me. 

"I have come to give you this, your highness. I know you will use what's inside here sooner or later." She said handing a little booklet to me. The moment I reached for it she disappeared into thin air, only leaving behind the booklet she gave me. When I skimmed through the contents of the unknown booklet, I found hope by the end of it. I found the spell that I needed all this time. A spell that may be able to bring back everyone's happy and glorious lives. 

The next day when I was finally not that surrounded by warlocks, I took out the small booklet. "¡Trae una cúpula para proteger a mis seres queridos!" I chanted under my breath. A dome appeared in the sky slowly placing a barrier between the warlocks and all of us. It is not that strong and I don't have that much time to waste. 

I eagerly strutted towards the end of the protective dome to try and go outside when Ryan suddenly stopped me. "What are you planning on doing?!" He growled worry evident in his voice. "I'm buying us time, now bring the injured back to camp now this dome won't last long." I lied. He sighed, he doesn't completely believe me but he still did what I ordered because we actually needed to do so. We can't have more of us dying today after all. But today shall be the last day of dozens of deaths for this war, I'm ending it once and for all. 

When Ryan was finally out of ear and eye's shot I continued on my way out of the dome. I made the dome not only because I had to protect them and keep them away from me at the same time, but it was also to keep them from the curse I am about to befall everyone in this field. "¡Te exijo que tomes toda la fuente de aire de estas viles criaturas que me rodean!" I said loudly this time once I finally got out of the dome. I fought all of them as best as I could until the curse finally hit them. By that time I was exhausted that I lay down on the ground remembering the side effect written on the booklet.

Side effect of the said curse: All magic will be drained out of you. All sorcerers that have cast this curse are sent to a non-magic world due to their lack of magical energy and bringing them back here will kill them instantly. There has been no success to be ever recorded yet of this curse.