22

"Try to maintain the composure of your breathing, remember that your emotions can jeopardize the flow of magic in your system," I said, guiding Xander. We've been in my dome all afternoon. But, I'm impressed! He's a rather fast learner, but still, there's just so much I could do in a day of training. At least he is now able to control it by himself and conjure his gift at will.

"Now, slowly feel your energy seep through your veins and onto your finger. Open steadily let your magic flow out of it. Don't be afraid. Feel that sensation of magic going out of you. Focus on positive memories, we can't have you losing control over your emotions." I said, walking around him to assess how he's doing so far.

I suddenly saw him flinch, then shudder. I knew instantly what was to come. He's losing control again. I knew it will be very difficult the moment I knew what his affinity was. Being a dark warlock meant his powers are immensely aggressive. And if that person with this certain affinity doesn't know how to control it, he will eventually be consumed by the power. And that is the very exact thing that I'm trying to stop happening. 

But I'm also quite worried about something else. What is a dark affinity user like him doing here on earth and he doesn't even know how to control them? Dark warlocks are being observed very closely, they are not allowed to go out of our world without the orders of their king or without the king. But also, what if he was by some kind of miracle, he's actually the long-lost child of the dark lord?

"It's getting late I think we should end our lessons here," I uttered. Xander obviously knows I still have something more to say, therefore, he ushered me to continue. "And I still have to go back to my world," I said meekly my voice growing smaller in volume for every word that I say. 

His face looked flustered as if what I had said was something he shouldn't have forgotten. He just sighed before voicing "Of course" in the very same manner that I did with my last sentence. My eyes suddenly stung with tears. Unknowingly, a single tear came rushing down my face, following continuous droplets of them. And there it was. I finally broke down, and a whole dam of tears instantly covered my face. The sound of sobbing then just came out of my mouth. 

Amidst the tears blocking my vision, I could still see that worry and longing in Xander's eyes. He slowly came closer to me and embraced me in his big bear hug. His summer rain-like smell engulfed my nose. Oh, how much I would miss this smell. This comfort that he always gives me. 

My cry slowly grew much more intense, I sobbed and cried so much that I couldn't breathe. I then felt the tremble of Xander's body. I knew then and there that he was crying. knowing this fact, I felt a million knives stab my heart over and over again.

Over the past two to three years I have grown both mentally and emotionally. I learned various life lessons throughout my stay here. I made amazing friends like Lizzie, a great foster family like Clarise's, and a caring lover like Xander. I am more than honored to even have met them.

I know that my experience here will be a memory that I will never forget for as long as I can live. but I also know that the moment I step back into my world I won't ever be able to return because my return meant my succession to the throne. And with whatever war that is going on in the world that I live in, I have to lead my Kingdom to peace if not then to victory.  

I slowly removed my hands around Xander and pulled out of the hug. Tough I could feel his resistance to letting me go, he still did so. Because he now knew who I was and he knew what was at stake here; for both me and him. 

I might be able to bring him to my world, but not now. He's a dark user. And whatever war that's happening there, I know for sure that it's against the four main kingdoms and the Dark Forest. 

And for some reason, I feel like this fight is different from the numerous wars that have happened against the Dark Lord and his warlocks. And if by some chance this turns into an all-out war towards the extinction of one, or worse, more kind, I could never risk Xander for that. He might just die the moment he steps foot inside the portal.

I stepped back, away from him, one step at a time. It took me so much willpower to just even take a step away from him. Now that I knew I was already far from his arm's length, I looked away. And never looked back again.

I set up the portal still not looking back in the direction of my dome to where I know he is still right now.

I looked back for the first since I left the dome, but not looking towards the direction of the dome, but up. Up towards the blue sky of the world that I have grown fond of for the last few years. 

I am now going back to the world I know and feel I initially belonged, to while also leaving the alien world that made me feel welcomed and loved during my few years of stay. I hope my goodbye will only just be for the time being. I will try to come back here, I promise...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~