18

When the car came to a stop, I saw this huge two-story house with a black Lamborghini parked up front. We both walked toward the front porch. Xander noticed that I was fidgeting beside him in the unfamiliar place we were at. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked his eyes full of worry. "Oh, yeah, yeah. Of course, just that, where are we again?" I asked nervously. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. It just slipped my mind. Well, welcome to my humble abode!" He said cheerily.
"This is where you live?!" I asked surprised. He just answered me with a passing shrug like it wasn't a big deal. I mean the house is ginormous! "What about the black Lamborghini outside? Is that also yours?" He just answered me with another simple but this time a bit shy nod. He's not even making a big deal about his luxurious lifestyle. I just replied with a whistle.

"It's nothing. The house was something my grandparents left me. And the car was a gift from my stepfather as, I dare quote, the last act of fatherhood on his side now that I finally knew he wasn't my real father. Though I figured it out earlier in childhood." He said again not making a big deal of his experience.

I was startled when he suddenly held my hand but he just rubbed my knuckles gently until I relaxed at the sudden affectionate gesture then he intertwined our fingers and led me inside his home. When we were finally inside, I looked around and just saw mixtures of the colors white, grey, and black. But the house was very spacious and surprisingly clean! Thinking of Xander you'd imagine the usual messy-roomed guy that only plays games, watches tv, and eats pizza during his past time. Looking around more just proves me way more damn wrong about him.

"Do you want something to eat or drink? I have tea, milk, and coffee here. And also water. For food, I have some leftover pizza and some instant noodles." He asked me, looking over all his cabinets and his fridge for anything to offer me. Look at him, being such a welcoming host to me right now. I didn't even fantom that I would be able to see this side of Xander, he's always so playful that sometimes you would just forget sometimes that he's an adult with a job. "Teas fine," I replied. I could use that soothing and familiar taste of tea since my heart had nearly burst out of my chest from nervousness. It's my first time in a mortal man's home! To add, it's my lover's home! "Here you go." He said offering me the tea he newly brewed. "So, what do you think?" He asked in anticipation referring to his 'humble' abode. "The colors are something I expected but it's surprisingly clean, to be honest, it's a whole lot different from what I expected," I said honestly. When I looked over at him, he looked genuinely shocked at my reply. "Wow. Your honesty never fails to surprise me! But I guess my image comes out as one of those guys whose houses are a literal pigsty." He said, his iconic boyish grin coming out once again.

"So I'm just gonna take a shower. Make yourself at home. I'll be quick, don't worry." He then went upstairs and shortly after he was lost from my view of the site I heard I the light click on the door. I got up from the couch and explored his house. His kitchen was pretty clean and its black and white theme was just so like Xander. During missions he always looked so scarily serious, then after the mission was done, his personality was just, like snap, a complete 180 degrees shift, he was all humourous and started making fun of me again since I still follow them on their missions sometimes sidetracking to complete my mission for that day. *Sigh. What happens to us now? Once I go back, what will happen to us? What will I say to him? What will he feel?
I finally heard Xander's footsteps, which thankfully pulled me out from overthinking. Shortly after, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. Xander leaned his head on the crook of my shoulder. 

"Thank you." He said. I hummed at the sweet smell of his body wash. "What for?" I asked, still taking big inhales of his beautiful odor, he smelled like the winds on the beach, it made me relax more in his arms. "For loving me. For giving me a chance to be your lover, your boyfriend." I turned to face him. I went on my toes and planted a small kiss on the corner of his lips. "You don't have to thank me for that," I said. He just gave me the warmest smile. I place my head on his chest and hugged him on the waist. 

It was so weird. I feel like it was just yesterday when we were fighting like cats and dogs and now, look at being so affectionate towards each other. I closed my eyes feeling his warmth.
"Je t'iame." Pulling up my face to face him, he then kisses me on my cheek while my eyes were still closed feeling the moment. "Ti Amo." Then on the top of my head. "Te iusbesc." On the side of my temple. "Ich Liebe Dich." On my forehead. "I love you." Finally my lips.