10

He groaned as he fell to the floor after I hit him hard. The bloody bastard deserved it though. He was foolish and ignorant to even try to piss me off.  "If ever in the future you so even try to piss me off or even just disrespect me, you're going to feel a pain far more than that you feel right now!" I said angrily at him.

I heard him chuckle lightly under his breath."Hey Kid--" He said pain still evident in his voice. "Don't call me a kid I'm already 18 I'm an adult physically, mentally, emotionally, and by law!" "Okay, okay now. You said I can't disrespect you, now hear me out respect is something you need to earn." He said trying to sound oh so mature when in reality he's the exact opposite of it. 

"And so is disrespect. I didn't say anything yet but you already started blabbing about some sort of bullshit nonsense!" I said. I felt Clarise hold my arm to tell me to stop. He should be thankful to Clarise if not he would've already died.

"Okay, whatever you say!" He said as he raised both of his hands, surrendering as if I was the one spouting foolishness and he had enough of it. I scoffed and continued mopping a drunkard's vomit when they arrested him earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was foolish to think that one banter of ours ends there. It went on for a whole long and tiring week. The bloody bastard keeps poking his nose onto my business. If the word 'Nosy' were to take human form I'm so sure it'll look a lot like him. He's testing my patience alright.

The very moment I step foot inside the station he'd mock me there's no tomorrow, obviously just to annoy the heck out of me. I mean I don't even know what he gets out of annoying me. Pleasure? Amusement? Happiness? or more punches from me? Cause I'd be happy a billion of the last one.

And I believe we are now officially starting the banters for today since just arrived at the station coming from school. I just simply sighed before entering.

"Students are only allowed here when they're arrested, kid."

I just didn't mind him and continued walking towards Clarisse to greet her then straight to Clarisse's resting quarter I go. Heck, even the other officers didn't mind him anymore, even when I beat him up, they just stop me before I make him crippled for life, him annoying me and me beating him up just became a regular thing here at the station. Us bantering is just a normal day in the station... 

But when he thinks I'm not looking or just when he puts his mischievous and annoying side down, you would know why he is considered to be a prodigy. He's kind, polite, yet professional at the same time, and when he needs to act tough to put the assailant in his or her place he would do so in a very scarily serious manner, it's just weird seeing him like that from time to time since I only see him in his playful side...

If one were to see his side of personality towards me and when he's working, you'd easily see and know why his name is always aligned with praises when the higher-ups in the police department describe him. Plus, he's also scaringly handsome and charismatic, I will admit only those things about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was finished with my homework I went and did my usual routine at the station. Everyone seemed so busy and I was just mopping and cleaning here and there, helping them when things got really hectic until the clock struck 8 pm indicating that I have to go home.

As I was exiting the station I looked back from my shoulder to get a glimpse of Xander since it's just been so quiet today without him bothering me like every five minutes. I know that they were just extra busy today than the past few days but still. I sighed when I saw he was so busy attending to a citizen that he didn't even notice me when I looked straight at him... 

Ugh... He's so annoying. In my frustration, I just looked away from him.

'Annoyingly handsome, Lilan. That's what's annoying about him.'  Phoebe suddenly popped into my head. 'Yes he's handsome, yes but not that much,' I said looking at him again. 'Just the right amount of charm for your liking.' Phoebe once again, in a matter-of-fact tone. 'Yes just the right amount for me-- wait, no, no. Your messing with my head Phoebe!' I hissed at her.

'Am not your highness, It's your mind, not mine. We are just talking inside your head through telepathy. So technically, I do not have the ability to, I quote ' Mess with your Head''Phoebe said, once more, in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Whatever Phoebe,"  I just said to end the conversation while looking away from him when I noticed that he was also looking at me now.  I quickly shifted my eyes to something behind him, I just saw him smirk through my peripheral vision before going back to what he was doing a couple of minutes earlier.  

Though why do I always end up looking at him and observing him?? Why am I always triggered by just the sight of him? Why am I like this toward him? and only him?! 'Goddess, that was so embarrassing!' I internally screamed at myself in frustration.