24

Xander's POV

What is this place? Wow! it's so beautiful! When I followed Lilan to this weird portal of some sort, I never imagined this would be what was on the other side! I am still following Lilan when we reached some gigantic, medieval period type of castle. This must be the castle that she lives in. She did mention she was a princess of some kingdom. I heard some faint whispers when I looked back I saw some little blue fairies, they shined beautifully when reflected by the sun. They looked like Ice, no, glaciers. Glacier Fairies!

WOW, just magnificent! 

Lilan continued walking straight ahead but I stopped following her at some distance from the castle, still making sure not to be seen by the guards. When she reached the courtyard and was finally noticed by the maids, she greeted them so humbly and happily. By the looks of it, I think even before she came to Earth she's always been kind. And here I was thinking that she came to our world because of some attitude problems and was changed by the culture of us humans and all those cliché tropes from movies and books. 

I mean just look at her, on Earth she was already so elegant and graceful. Her every move was smooth yet strong, polite but with fierceness and warning to those who are vile. But now that she's here, Lilan is just oozing with all those great qualities. And you could see that she fit just right in. That this is where she belongs. This is her HOME...

Right before the doors to the palace fully closed, I caught a glimpse of a woman that looks precisely like Lieutenant Santiago, but she was wearing this royal robe. And even just by that small glimpse I already know that she's a queen. She stood tall with such dignity and power, that was worthy for someone like her. 

But behind those queenly qualities, was a loving and caring mother. I instantly saw how she adored Lilan and that she loved her with her life, just like I do. Beside her was Lilan's father, the King I presume. As they stood together you could see they are a perfect fit for each other. Both presences compliment the other. 

I moved from my position just enough to be able to get a peek in their fancy window and continued to watch their little family moment. I couldn't help but smile. Thankful for such loving parents Lilan has but also with a tinge of longing for the family moment that they're having. 

My purpose for coming to this world was not just because I wanted to follow Lilan as I am very worried due to her sudden impromptu leave, but also because, I shall not deny, I wanted to find my father. He's a wizard and the fact that Lilan seems accustomed to this she calls a 'Gift' of mine means that he is from this world.

I just want to meet him or even just get a glimpse of his face and find out the reason why he had to leave Mom and me, why he have to leave me. Even if it's just for something ridiculous or some petty excuse. I'll accept that because that's how desperate I am for answers.

When I snapped back from reality I saw a maid with what looked like wings and long ears coming near the position I'm currently at but she was not looking at me, so I assume that she hadn't seen me yet. I run somewhere, anywhere just to hide. This is the first time I'll be saying this and as long as I'm still in this world it might not be the last but, thank god for the intense training I went through in the police academy.

But first of all, I must find a change of clothes. I'm pretty sure the clothes I'm wearing are very much not fit for this world. I spotted some men's clothes hung on some clothespin. This moment shall be the very first and hopefully the last time I will steal anything from anyone. Now, look at me here in a strange world, doing the last thing I ever saw myself doing in my life. I guess there's a first for everything. I chuckled to myself at the thought. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few days since I've been roaming around. and I'm still sticking with my first impression of it. The Kindom is bustling with excitement with the announcement of Lilan succeeding the throne. Seems to me she's not just popular with the nobles but also with the commoners. 

The other day, I heard some people sighing and saying that the princess might not be able to visit that often from now on and will probably be too busy to stop by and do their usual chitchatting. She really is a very loving people person. If the politicians on Earth were at least half as decent as Lilan is to her people, then the world would've been a better place. I mean just look at them. Even with the war coming they're still bustling with excitement for their beloved princess has returned and is ready to succeed the throne. 

I've got myself a job the other day, serving some restaurants in the morning. When night comes that's when I'd scope the area and try to find information about Lilan and the war. It's been a pretty normal week for me. That was the royal announcement was released. Every warrior trained and capable enough to fight in the war are being summoned to the castle to prepare for the war. 

It has started...