15

Lilan's POV

Oh, my goddess. Oh, my freaking goddesses. Wait, no, I'm so sorry my dear goddesses, your royal highness. Just what is that bloody bastard playing at?! Goddess, I feel my face, no my whole body turning a bright shade of red with what he just did! Xander Evans just freaking kissed me! And he even dared to smirk at me after what he did?! 

And I couldn't even do anything now that he was holding my hand on our way back to the station!

But then there I noticed, that energy, that oh-so-familiar energy that I could sense even from a mile farther than me. Ryan, that's Ryan's energy! Oh no, how could I have ever forgotten? Ryan is the next lycan king of all werewolf packs. Ryan, my one and only betrothed. Ryan, my mate. Ryan is a werewolf, who is widely known for their possessive behaviors. And Ryan, who has been following me ever since he came here...

Oh dear, how could I have ever forgotten when it's a worry that I always have and carry every waking moment of my life here on Earth. Especially from the moment, I realized my feeling for this man I'm holding hands with right now. Of course, he was watching me. He saw me. He saw both of us. He saw Xander kissing me. And he saw Xander holding my hand throughout our trip back to the station without me yanking it back when I was more than capable of doing so...

The only thing that I could do at that moment was pulling Xander towards me and drag him to the nearest alleyway with the least amount of people going there to hide, not from Ryan but from the people that could and may be able to see the fight that was about to unfold. I knew this fight has always been eminent after I acknowledged my feelings for Xander and I knew that I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't hide because, like me, Ryan's sense of magical energy is amplified when it comes to my energy. In this fight, I could only protect myself and Xander from Ryan's rage. But though I expected all of this to happen, I didn't expect it to happen this soon. 
From where we both left I saw Ryan, angrily rushing towards the wall where we were near a minute ago. If he didn't control his strength at the last minute, he would've punched a hole through the concrete wall in the street. Then he followed us, or rather my scent, to pick off where he left before almost punching a hole through the wall. Then there, he was back. Ryan was so full of rage. Towards me and towards Xander for the infidelity that I just have done towards my mate and betrothed.

"You bloody bastard! How dare you lay hands on my mate and even dare to kiss her lips!" He said angrily. "What the-- Who the fuck are you?! Lilan do you know this fucking lunatic?!" Xander replied. Seemingly just as angry. "Why you goddamn--"

"Enough, both of you!" I said putting the most authority I could put in my voice at that moment, a blast of strong wind currents came rushing to stop both of them, just right before Ryan was able to charge at Xander.

"Both of us?!" Ryan said. "You dare say that after the infidelity you just did?!" He said full of rage. I saw him flinch when he realized he directed his rage toward me. "What the-- infidelity?! Lilan, are you married?!" Xander asked, obviously confused at what was going on. "What?! No!" I answered. Filled with too much of a tone of blasphemy than I have liked. "Not yet that is! She's an engaged woman you goddamn motherfucker!" Ryan added. 

At this point, I was just so confused to follow their screaming conversation. Well, not until Xander looked at me with eyes pleading for some explanation. Eyes that I know I could never resist. The wind knows of his story. I have heard of his story. I know his story by heart. And I don't want to be one of those people in his life. I don't want to be a reason for not trusting anyone again. I don't want to be someone who's a reason for him to stop feeling the bliss of falling in love. As someone who has experienced such beautiful pleasure from falling in love with him, I also want him to experience such emotions even if I'm not the reason for it.

"Yes, we are indeed engaged," I said making Xander look so painfully sad at me. "But..." I continued. "It is an arranged engagement. An engagement made from birth." 

"By any chance. If by some miracle of doubt, did you run away from home because you didn't want this engagement?" I asked.

"I-- Yes. Somewhat, If you put it that way, yes." I stuttered.

"Did you not want this engagement, Wind? Was what you said before you left a lie? Do you not want to live the rest of your life with me? Come on Wind it's me. Please. Please, I beg you please give me an official decision now. Don't drag this any longer..." Ryan also begged. When I thought of what would happen the moment they finally see each other. Together with the fight, I knew that they inevitably also want some answers from me. Real answers, not excuses.

"Fine. I-- Ryan. Xander." I looked like a fool stammering there. I already knew my decision, I just had to say it. I recollected myself and took a deep breath. "My decision is..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~