12

When I got home, I ended up crying myself to sleep. The moment I woke up and got ready for classes, I ended up having bloated eyes due to my dumb self crying. Which just made Clarise and Vinny(Clarise's daughter who is about my age) worry about me a lot and led to a nonstop hot-seat interview which wouldn't have stopped if I didn't have classes that day so, thank goddess I had them. 

And as time went on, in the daytime I had those little banter moments with Xander that I have grown to love. For Example, there was this time when me and him were tasked to buy some snacks while there weren't any civilians yet at the station, and as he has finished the most paper workload in the rest of them, he ended up the one doing all the grocery work. He fought with whatever snacks we should pick, that jerk being the selfish ass that he is actually got some great taste, the snacks that he wanted to pick were those that I liked. 

"Hey kid, this is way better, cheese-flavored stuff can never go wrong in any kind of snack."  He said, which I could never retaliate because I actually think the same, and just found myself gaping at him, but not for the apparent reasons, but simply because these past few days, I just couldn't believe that we actually have a lot in common. When he noticed that I couldn't say anything more, he just went on and walked towards the next aisle carrying that usual mischievous smirk that he always wore that I could never deny was breathtakingly handsome, but still cheeky. I don't know why, but sometimes (actually most of the time) I can't win an argument with him.

And during the nighttime, I have my little bonding time with Ryan as we help each other capture and transmigrate the people of our world back to where they belong. But, now to think about it, I end up enjoying my time with Xander rather than with Ryan, and I am very uncomfortable with that thought. I mean, yes, I never wanted to get married outside of my own accord, but I have to endure that one decision for my kingdom. And yes, my family also doesn't pressure me into any marriage that I don't want, simply because our kingdom is one of the most important kingdoms in our world as we control the air and wind of the whole world which, yes, goes by the innate need of us to live with oxygen and air is also used to create energy in our world.

"Hey, brat! You look stressed, You okay?" Xander said as he passed some juice and snacks to the desk I was sitting at while doing homework. I didn't even notice him coming... I guess I'm just that stressed these days.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just really stressed with school and all that stuff." I lied. I mean, I don't want to say to him that I'm actually stressed with my love life and he's one of the two guys I'm worried about in that aspect, I mean that would just come out weird if I said that. "Really? Huh, that's unexpected of you." He said looking so amused.

"What's so unexpected of that?" I asked. "I mean, you, being stressed with something, much less schoolwork. Now, let me see just how hard your lesson today is." He is as he snatched my textbook from me, and thank god it was open on an actually hard subject for most mortals. 

"What the-- What do they teach kids these days," He said looking so baffled. "Kids these days? Dude, you're basically just 4 years older than me!"  I said. Sometimes he just acts like some old guy, when in reality, he's not that older than me. "Still years apart from you, little squirt." He said. Ah, I love these kinds of days, I hope every day from now on is like this.   We were just teasing each other like usual when some girl came in.

"Um, excuse me, Hi! I'm looking for Xander Evans? His friends said I could find him here since this is where he was stationed." Her back was onto us, so Xander had to get up to see who was the mystery girl that was looking for him. And when he finally saw her face, Xander froze on the spot, and I did not like the way it froze. I stood up as well and slowly walked towards them, especially towards Xander who was still frozen from the shock of who the mystery girl was. "Sasha..." He said quietly but enough for me to hear. 

"Hey, Xander long time no see... I would like to talk to you, um privately if possible..." She said looking around us and seeing that a lot of people were looking at them. "Yeah, yeah, sure." They said making their way to the nearest restaurant. The way they both left together made me feel something bad in my stomach. It was the feeling of queasiness again, but not the good kind this time. Hence, I decided to follow them.

I listened to their conversation, I know I should be guilty of my actions, but I wasn't. Because right now, I wanted to act like a jealous and possessive girlfriend, even though I had no right to do so. And when I found out about their past connection to each other, I just couldn't help but feel broken inside...