14

Xander's POV

I wiped my face with my right hand from disbelief and grief. We had, we had a child and we didn't even know about it. He was gone before we even got the chance to rejoice in his existence. We didn't even have the chance to try... Why... why do the people around me keep dying and leaving me? Am I really that unwanted?

Sasha was still crying in front of me, from a mixture of emotions; sadness, guilt, shame, horror, and grief. Our child, our dear child... I went beside Sasha and hugged her to console her. Just what kind of fucking game was faith trying to do with my life!

Just when I've finally moved on from that toxic life I had lived. Just when I've finally moved on from the deaths of my grandparents. Just when I've finally moved on from the longing I had for Sasha for such a long time. And just when... Just when I've finally learned to fall in love again after all of those things I went through. Just when I've finally met Lilan...

After she seemed to calm down, we said our goodbyes and I finally escorted her out. When I was about to head back to the station, I bumped into Lilan. She seemed like she was in a daze and her eyes were red from crying and there were still some tears that still kept on falling. I felt a painful throb in my heart again, this time not for how pitiful I lived my life, but of the pain of looking at the person I love crying in front of me.

"L-lilan what happened? Who did this to you? Who made you cry?" She looked up at me and was startled, but she calmed herself down, like she always does as if she doesn't want anyone to see her in a weak and fragile state. Even when she never was and never will be weak.

"You would've been a great father, you know?" She said trying to stop a sob from escaping her lips.

"H-how did you--" I asked genuinely surprised.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but I ended up doing it. And I thought you could need that. You also need to be consoled you know. It shouldn't always be you comforting others when you also need comfort from time to time."

"I-- thank you, Lilan. Yeah, you're right, I really did need that." I said hugging her and asking her for comfort through my action. And she just hugged me back while patting me slowly as a way of comfort. I closed my eyes to savor the moment.

"Food could always make you feel better you know?" She said, still hugging me. "So you want to come with me? Let's swallow all those sorrow and negativity with some, come on."  She said pushing me up and dragging me to some pizza store around the corner of our station. 

We ate some pizza and got the others some take-outs as well. We just had our usual little teasing here and there, and I could see that Lilan was trying to make me smile and laugh and just lift off the weight I had been carrying since my conversation with Sasha. What she didn't know was she was already also lifting off the pain I have been carrying all my life together with it, with just her smiles and laughs. And I'm just thankful to have someone like her in my life. If only I could see those smiles every single day the moment I wake up for the rest of my life.

"Thank you, Lilan," I said when we were on our way back to the station. "Hmm? What for?" She asked still having an ice cream smudge on her upper lip from the ice cream she was eating. "For everything that you did for me today. You lifted off a lot of heavy feelings from that conversation you know?" 

"Oh, that! Nah, that was nothing!" She said. I stopped both of us from our tracks. "That wasn't just nothing for me. I'm really thankful to have you in my life. Well, sometimes, only when you're not being a brat." She scoffed acting offended while stopping a smile appear on her lovely face.

"Okay, One, I am so not a brat,"  She said still stopping the smile from appearing. "really?" I said just to tease her and she just smirked at what I said. "Yes, really. And two, you're welcome I guess. But with what you just said, I don't think I'll ever be doing this ever again." She said and we just both ended up laughing, and then there it was, that beautiful smile that she's been stopping for the last couple of minutes finally appeared. 

And because of that I just couldn't help myself anymore. I leaned towards her and kissed her. Time seemed to have stopped the moment I kissed her, I just wanted to savor that moment just like how I savored that hug we shared earlier. When I finally moved back, "There was Ice cream on your upper lip." I said reasoning my actions. Her entire face turned a bright shade of red which made me smirk. I tried to calm myself and not show her how much I was blushing too, so I looked away just tide my blushing face. I held her hand and tangled are fingers together then we both walked back to the station hand in hand...