TEN

You basically fly across the room when you hear the ringtone, your phone vibrating and flashing, letting you know that someone wants to FaceTime you. You almost slip in your fuzzy socks as you rush from the kitchen into your bedroom, the oatmeal you were just about to make long forgotten on the kitchen counter, breakfast can wait when your boyfriend is calling you from across the world.

"Hey!" you pant as you throw yourself onto the bed holding the phone up in front of you. Harry's face appears on the screen, his curls messy as always, wearing a black hoodie from what you can see.

"Hey, did you just finish running the marathon?" he chuckles and your heart pitter-patters when you see his pixelated dimples.

"It felt like that coming from the kitchen, yeah," you grin. "What's up? How is the family?" you ask, making yourself comfortable in the sea of pillows.

"Everything is great, mum is having a blast with everyone around," he smiles, rubbing his nose. "And Gemma has been bugging me about my alleged new girlfriend."

"Oh, you told them about me?" you ask, truly surprised. It's been only a few weeks since you made it official, you weren't expecting him to tell his family a thing.

"Of course. Not in many details, but I told them I'm dating someone. Mum immediately asked why I didn't bring you home with me," he laughs shaking his head.

"Your mom sounds like an amazing woman. Tell her I said hi," you grin.

"Will do. Now, tell me, what have you been up to?"

Harry has been calling you every chance given and you know it's because he feels bad you are spending Christmas alone. Both Ramona and Kostas left on the twenty-third, so it's your fourth day on your own in the apartment. It's weird to be here without Kostas gasping every few minutes at some gossip someone sent him, or Ramona's loud laughter that sounds like a seal is choking, though you haven't heard that in a while with the whole Dean situation. You're hoping the holidays are gonna beat sense into them and they will realize they need to be together.

You've been using your quiet alone time to write your thesis, you're already ahead of your planned schedule with it and when you're not on the phone with Harry or sitting in front of your laptop, you're watching Christmas movies nonstop, baking and cooking, destroying the kitchen and enjoying that Kostas is not here to start cleaning up after you right away.

It's been a bit lonely, but you don't mind it. You'd rather be on your own than anywhere near your mother.

"I was just about to have breakfast. I think I'll take a walk later and then, just the usual," you shrug.

"What movies are you watching today?" he smirks.

"Probably Frozen," you giggle. "Have you seen them?"

"I had to watch them last year with my cousin's kids, so yeah."

"I bet you enjoyed them more than the kids," you tease him.

"They weren't half as bad as I expected, I admit," he grins and it seems like he lies down in a bed, taking a similar position you are in. "Are you sure you don't want to give your grandma's sister a call? Maybe you could have lunch with them or something."

"Harry..." you sigh. It's not the first time he is bringing it up, it seems like your lonely holidays bother him more than they bother you. It's sweet of him, but you also know exactly what you do and don't want to do.

"I know, you felt out of place there. But it could still be nice."

"I promise you, I'm fine alone. Don't worry about me," you smile at him warmly and you truly mean it.