SEVENTEEN

You never had to sneak back home after a night out. You had an honest and healthy relationship with your grandma and you never felt like you had to worry about facing her in the morning after spending the night at someone else's place.

So as you make your way into your home after the night out with Kostas and Ramona and most importantly after you woke up in Harry's bed, you can't help but feel like a teenager sneaking into the house so her parents don't catch her and find out she broke her curfew. Not that you have one, and it's also useless because Derek surely knows you didn't come home last night.

The morning hit you in the head like a truck. You haven't had a hangover this bad probably since your freshman year in college and your current body did not take it as well as your nineteen years old body. Someone was hammering your head and your throat felt like sandpaper, but the worst thing came when you opened your eyes and saw Harry sleeping next to you.

Despite all the alcohol you drank last night, you had a somewhat clear picture of what really happened. You remember telling Ramona and Kostas about your doubts regarding Derek and Harry and then the three of you decided to get drunk and drink the night away. You moved the party to this night club and a group of guys bought you a few drinks there as well, making sure you had no sober thoughts for the rest of the night. You somehow ended up outside the club, losing your friends in the crowd and pulling out your phone you dialed Harry's number.

You have no idea why you didn't call Derek to come and pick you up, but as soon as you heard Harry's voice you ached to be with him. And then he called you baby and you were a goner.

You remember the bouncer keeping you near him and then the next thing you knew you were in a cab with Harry, you remember his scent, his arms around you and even though you were starting to feel terrible from all the alcohol you consumed, you just knew everything would be alright because he was there with you.

He wanted to sleep on the couch. Harry wanted to respect boundaries but you begged him to sleep with you in the bed and that's the last of it. When you woke up you still had your clothes on and though you weren't cuddling, your hands were interlocked under the pillow and it was the worst and best thing at the same time.

You managed to leave without waking him up. You couldn't face him, not after making him pick you up because you were drunk at some club and also because you made him sleep in a bed with you.

You're a mess and you're bringing everyone around you in it.

It's eight in the morning when you get home and you know Derek is probably up, he likes to start his days reasonably early, though you wish he was still asleep now. As you walk through the front door and hear the soft music playing in the kitchen your suspicion is proved to be real. Kicking your heels off and getting rid of your coat that smells like alcohol and cigarette smoke, you fold your arms over your chest as you slowly make your way further into the apartment.

Derek is making pancakes, he is wearing his black sweatpants and an old green t-shirt, he is flipping a pancake when you walk into the kitchen in all of your hangover glory. You expect him to be disappointed in you, to question where you've been and you almost want him to be mad at you for not coming home. Because that would mean that he doesn't trust you fully either, that his first thought is that you must have been with another man. It would mean that he is not as perfect as you thought him to be and you would feel a tiny bit less bad about being so messed up.

But when he sees you he smiles. A true, genuine smile stretches across his face and you know you have to tell him everything you've been keeping from him all along.

"Hey! I assume last night was great," he chuckles, placing the pancake on top of the stack next to the stove as he pours more from the mixture into the pan while you climb up to one of the stools at the island.