FIFTEEN

"Harry? What are you doing here?"

Right in that moment Harry realizes that it wasn't you who sent him your book, or maybe you've become a great actress in the time he hasn't seen you. But you seem truly shocked to face him and now he regrets coming here, feeling like he is messing up a big moment for you.

"I, uhh... I just..." Harry stutters before he grabs the book from his bag and hands it over to you. You give him a wide-eyed look before staring down at the copy in her hands.

"Look, I can explain," you start, because you're convinced he came here because you totally just published a book about him without ever letting him know. But Harry shakes his head and reaching out he takes the book, opens it on the blank page and hands it back to you so you can read the handwriting. "Where did you get this?"

"I thought... I thought you sent it, but I guess you didn't," he chuckles awkwardly.

"I didn't," you confirm, rereading the message a few times, trying to figure out if the handwriting is familiar, but it's not, so you have no clue who sent the copy to Harry.

"It would also be nice to have a chat about how you published a book about me. About us," Harry then adds and suddenly, you feel like in that exact moment when he confronted you years ago for turning in your dirty writing as your assignment. Embarrassment and anxiety and you feel the urge to start apologizing but you bite it back.

"Y/N! Why are you... Oh shit!" Ramona and Dean walk up to you and you feel like a teenager that was caught doing something troublesome. Ramona's eyes widen seeing Harry stand next to you and though Dean has never met him, he can tell the situation is serious.

"I'll be right inside, okay? Derek is in there with Astrid," you tell them nodding towards the shop.

"Alright, but—"

"It's fine, I'll be there in a sec," you tell her, urging her to give you some time to solve the situation on hand. They walk in and you turn back to face Harry.

"Derek and Astrid?" he questions and you notice how tense he is. Could it be that... is he jealous? Your heart skips a beat at the thought of Harry possibly still having feelings for you, but then you remind yourself that you're supposed to hate his guts.

"Yeah," you nod shortly, biting the inside of your cheeks.

"Is she... is she your...?" It takes you a couple of seconds to realize what he is asking and your eyes widen when the picture becomes clear.

"Astrid is Ramona's daughter," you tell him and you see the relief washing over his features.

"Oh, that's great! I mean, congrats to them, she is... she is cute," he clears his throat, but you don't give him much time to breathe.

"But Derek is my boyfriend," you add and he freezes, his jaw clenching at the news before he washes any and all emotions off of his face nodding.

"That's great too," he says, but there's no sincerity in his voice and that gives you a sense of victory, even though he has no idea what you've been going through with Derek lately and all because of him. No, you'll not give him the satisfaction of knowing he completely ruined you.

"Look, I'm sorry about the book. I mean, that I didn't ask you about it, but..."

"But you didn't want to talk to me, I get it. A warning would have been nice though."

"I genuinely never thought you'd ever come across it," you admit.

"Well, someone wanted me to," he chuckles, referring to the message in the book.