FOURTEEN

Harry thought about telling someone about the book, but he kept it all to himself. He didn't tell anyone, not even Denise when she came into his office later and found out that Harry finished absolutely nothing all morning because he was reading the mysterious book he got. He turned into a hot mess and no one knew why.

Going back home he shoves the book under his mattress as if anyone is going to look around his room, he feels like a teenager hiding a Playboy issue he spent all his money on, when in reality it's just a book.

A book his ex wrote about him.

Harry devours the whole book by the time Niall gets home in the evening so he finally knows everything you wrote into the story. He grabs a notebook and a pen and starts to gather his thoughts, feeling like if he didn't write them down it would all get too messy in his head. And this is everything he lists:

One, you wrote a book that's based on the love you shared years ago. The story follows mostly the real life events that happened between the two of you up until the point he broke up with you that one night in your apartment. It doesn't happen in your book, instead, the two of you go after Nina, find some dirt on her and turn the tables right at her, you finish your degree and move in with him at the end, getting the happy ending you never got to see. In the midst of the shock and excitement, he doesn't even realize how you wrote about Nina as if you knew what happened. It completely flies over his head.

Two, you changed his name to Harris Edwards. Not too creative, he thinks, way too close to his real name for his liking, you even turned his middle name into a last name, but at least you took the effort to not out him straight up. You changed your name as well just as everyone else's, you even wrote Niall into the story too, Harry could point out who your characters were made after easily.

Three, your writing is amazing. He always knew you were good and despite the circumstances he has read it under, he can't deny that you deserve to be a published author. He is proud of you for the hard work you must have put into it, especially after the way things ended between the two of you. It must have been such an emotional challenge to write it when the real story ended so sadly.

Four, the book is very spicy. Contains a lot of the actual things you did in the bedroom and it took him right down memory lane, memories resurfaced he's been trying so hard to keep buried deep inside him. You wrote it all so well, he thought he went back in time and relived everything for the second time.

By the time he finishes the book he knows he'll find you, though he has no idea how he will execute it and how it will go down. He just knows he needs to see you. If not for anything else, he has to find out if it was you who sent him the book or someone else is messing with him, but if not you, then who?

Niall invites Harry to watch a movie together to wind down after a long day and he joins him on the couch, but he can barely process what the film is about. All he can think about is possibly seeing you again on Friday.

Just about 24 hours ago he was determined to forget and move on, he wanted to gain back control over his life and leave the pain and hurt behind, but then the book showed up and now he took a 180 and you're on his mind every waking moment.

"Are you feeling alright?" Niall snaps him out of his thoughts and Harry realizes the end credits are rolling and he has no idea what happened in the two hours long movie they just watched.