EXTRA BLURB - Nostalgia

It's a strange mixture of many feelings to return to the campus where your story with Harry started so many years ago. It was a random idea, the two of you spent the weekend away and he suggested you take a walk where it all started since the town was by the route you were taking on the way home.

The weekend was amazing, he took you to a cabin by a lake, it was just the two of you, away from the city and your usual life. Harry has been doing everything he could to spend as much time with you as possible, knowing well you won't have much privacy once the baby comes. You're nearing the end of the seventh month, your bump growing each day as you get closer to becoming first time parents.

Now as he parks down behind the building where his office was, almost in the exact same spot he usually used back then, a strong wave of nostalgia hits you. Every memory still lives vividly in your mind and it feels comical but also emotional to think back at those times. It's hard to imagine what life was like when you weren't married with a baby on the way. God, if only your past self knew this would be your future!

Harry gets out of the car and rushes to your side right away to help you out like the gentleman that he is. Your soft hand holds onto his as you lift yourself up from the seat and out of the car, your bump making the process a bit more tiring than it usually is.

"There you go," he mumbles, kissing your cheek as he shuts the car door and locks it before linking your hands together and starting your little walk down memory lane.

The campus is quiet and kind of empty since it's the weekend, you only see lingering students near the building that holds the library and the dormitories. The green areas that lie between the pavements connecting the buildings are empty, but you still remember how everyone liked to lie in the soft grass when the weather was warm enough, and sunbathe between classes.

"It's weird, isn't it?" Harry hums, his hand squeezing yours gently.

"Feels so long ago."

"Because it was a long time ago," he chuckles.

"I know, but I still remember everything so clearly. Do you?" you ask, smiling at him warmly.

"Yeah, kinda. But I remember everything that happened with you like it was yesterday," he adds with a cheeky smirk.

"Oh, yeah? All the dirty stuff we did in your office?" you giggle, bumping your shoulder against his as you stroll through the campus.

"It's hard to forget anything when there's a whole book about them," he snorts with a belly laugh. "Do you think anyone from campus read it and knows it happened here?"

"I think some might have read it and wished it was their reality, but I don't think anyone knows it happened here and to us."

"Maybe just the dean who saw the pictures," he adds with a huff.

"I don't think he reads that genre," you smile at him and leaning closer you steal a quick kiss.

As you pass by the building where your Creative Writing class was held, you can't hold your smile back, thinking of all the times you sat in class and daydreamed about your hot professor. If someone told you back then that Harry would end up being your husband you would have told them to check themselves into treatment.

"I remember the day I came to class after you sent your assignment in," Harry speaks up, a wondering smile stretched across his lips as he stares up at the building. "I had no fucking clue how to handle it," he admits chuckling. "Because on one side, I knew it was so wrong, but on the other... I was so turned on by what you wrote."

"You handled it pretty well. I felt like I wanted to die right on spot," you laugh, recalling the way you felt when you realized you submitted the wrong document.

"It's still the best mistake you made to this day," he looks down at you, then his eyes wander down to your bump and you see that familiar shine in them again that barely left his gaze since you told him you were expecting. He is obsessed with the idea of becoming a father and especially it all happening with you. He tells it to you every chance he has, making sure you feel loved and appreciated.

"Yeah, but what do we tell her when she gets older and asks how we met?" you ask, running a hand down your stomach. "It's not exactly a story we can share with her."

"You're right," he wrinkles his nose. "We can tell her... that we met at work? Well, I was at work, so it's only half a lie," he chuckles.

"Do you want to tell her you were my professor?" you ask curiously.

"Do you?" he returns the question to you.

"I don't know," you admit. "Are you... are you ashamed of how we met?" you ask and the question has been lingering in your mind for a while now.

"I could never be ashamed of anything that's connected to you. Except how big of an asshole I was when we broke up," he adds with a sigh.

"So you don't think it's awkward when we tell people I was your student?"

"It wasn't an ideal situation, but it brought so much joy into my life. I could never hide it from anyone. You're my wife, my partner, we'll be a little family soon, I feel nothing but pride about what I have."

Normally, you wouldn't get so emotional over his words, but your hormones have been all over the place and you can feel the tears bubbling in your eyes. Your sniffles catch his attention and he looks at you in panic, thinking he said or did something he shouldn't have.

"Baby, what's–"

"I'm crying because I'm happy," you tell him right away as he grabs a tissue from his pocket and hands it over to you. "Sorry, I'm just really touched by... you!" you tell him chuckling through your tears. "You always talk so fondly about me and it just reassures me that I made the right choices in my life and ended up exactly where I need to be. With you."

Harry exhales softly as he looks down at you, emotional, a little messy, but so beautiful and glowing from happiness, your baby growing under your heart.

"C'mere, my love," he murmurs softly, cradling your face in his hands as he kisses you softly and slowly.

Pulling back you wipe your tears and smile up at him before you continue your walk. You talk about your memories you have together but also separate ones. He tells you about when he first started working at the university, how odd it felt that he wasn't that much older than his students, but eventually grew up to be a professor. It's hard to think of a version of him that's not as confident as he always was. He was a great professor and his classes were always amazing and part of that was because he just knew what he was doing.

You tell him about your freshman year, all the parties you went to and then you muse about how you can't even imagine going out after 7 o'clock now, because you fall asleep so early and sleep for at least ten hours every day.

No one who you come across really knows who you are or who you were, they walk right past you and only see a happy couple and not what you had to go through to get here. Your past is so far behind, it has no effect on your life today and though what happened back in the days is the reason why you're here now, you're glad you could move past all of that.

"Ready to go home?" he asks and brings your hand to his lips, kissing the back of it as you're heading back to the car.

"Yeah, I'm tired," you sigh and Harry already knows you'll be asleep the moment your head hits the pillow, no matter how relaxing the weekend was.

The rest of the drive back to the city is quiet, he occasionally hums along with the radio and you fall asleep at one point, so he needs to wake you up when you finally arrive. You make it into your home half asleep and Harry helps you take a quick shower before the two of you fall into bed, your unpacked suitcase forgotten and ignored in the hallway. Harry keeps you tight in his arms, the last waves of his nostalgia dying down as he settles in the present that can't be more perfect.