Allison

Never trust a dolphin.

Words rarely spoken on land but often uttered underneath the oceans, for within the dolphin's seemingly pleasant smile is the face of a deceitful monster.

I've never put too much thought into stories of myths and magic, love stories even less so. They all seemed a little far fetched, but I suppose that's the idea. Things that get the imagination running. Things that create hope, but who hopes for the hopeless? Not everyone can have that beautiful love story, that elusive happy ending, and that's okay... supposedly. I'm one who believes that sometimes, you just have to take life by the horns and create that ending for yourself.

I have a friend who's the opposite. I sometimes wonder how we became friends at all, but I suppose it was her upbeat and accepting nature that drew me in. Sometimes a person just needs that in their life, especially during those times when things aren't so great. I'm sure she had her own problems, but from my viewpoint I don't see any.

Beautiful, smart, both parents and pretty well off financially, though she's not very bright. She's not stupid by any means, just oblivious. She always tries to reassure me that things will work out in the end, the way they're supposed to, and that's all great and good for her, but I want more. It was time for me to take matters into my own hands.