Nilla: Creatures of the Sea

I was shaking I was so angry. Why didn't she like Jace? How could she possibly not like him? I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted him to tell me everything would be okay and that I shouldn't worry. I wanted him to tell me that the dream was ridiculous and he would never hurt me. But mostly, I wanted him to tell me that Allison was completely wrong and that he was a kind and gentle person who could never cause harm to anyone, let alone the young woman who stole his heart away. I had to find him.

I went to our spot, the little stump on the hill where they first met. When I arrived, there was a woman invading my space. She was long and lean with long very silky blonde hair that laid in waves down her back. When she looked at me, I could see that she was even more ethereal than Halo and her eyes were large and as blue as the sea. She was also extremely pale for someone in such a sunny climate.

She stood when she saw me, her long gown looked soft and a bit transparent. I could see her body shape through it. As I stepped closer, I saw two other women, both equally lovely and with eyes the same color and skin as pale as a geisha.

"Who are you?" I asked stepping closer.

She smiled. So lovely. "Hello, Nilla."

I stopped my approach. "How do you know my name?"

"We are sisters of Jace."

"Are you dolphins as well?"

They looked at each other and then back at me.

"He told you he was a dolphin?" asked the raven-haired beauty. She sounded just as sweet as the blonde one.

"Yes." I looked nervously between them. "Is that not what he is?"

I watched as the corner of the blonde's lips turned up. She placed her slender middle finger gently on her perfect pink lips stifling what I could only imagine would've been the most beautiful laugh I ever heard.

"What else has he told you?" The strikingly lovely redhead asked.

"Wait? What is this about? Are you really his sisters?"

The blonde slowly stepped toward me. "Whatever he has told you is a lie." She spoke softly and slowly as if she were trying to explain things to a child.

I was honestly ready to attack someone. How many times would I have to hear that Jace was a liar and not the person he appeared to be?

"Why would you say something so horrible?" My voice sounded whinier than usual, but I was tired of all the talk and just wanted to see my boyfriend.

"We are the mermaids of the eastern cove. Your friend has stolen something very valuable from us and we want it back," said the blonde. Her words were such a sweet melody of sounds.

"Mermaids? Jace warned me about you. He said that you wanted his medallion for your own insidious purposes."

The red-haired woman laughed. "How easily manipulated are you, human?"

"You have been tricked," the dark-haired one said.

"Stop!" the blonde shouted. "We are not here to ridicule her. We all know how easy it is to fool them, but that is no excuse to act in such a rude manner."

"I am NOT easily manipulated!" I shouted. Why couldn't I be regal like them? I almost stomped my foot in a childish tantrum. "I love Jace and he loves me. Dang! I am so sick of having to explain that to people. We are in love."

I saw pity in the blonde's eyes.

"So, he has tricked you in the vilest way possible. He should never tamper with human hearts. They are so fragile. Once broken, the human becomes so volatile that they can take their own life, or worse the life of another. Tell me where I may find my medallion, Nilla."