Allison: Turmoil

I don't know what happened. All I felt was rage and the only words going through my mind were "it's my turn." I didn't want to be the bad guy. I didn't want to be against Nilla. In my desperation, I think I just turned into someone I wasn't. It was festering inside of me, taking me over far more than I ever thought possible. I let it all get to me and didn't know how to stop it.

Jace walked over to us. He seemed so calm and happy about the whole thing. I thought that maybe he changed his mind again and was ready to take me with him, but that wasn't the case.

"The orb is far more powerful than I ever could have hoped. The surprise of it is that it does not contain any of my life force. Even more surprising is how quickly the light gestated. The previous female's life force took days before a smaller, darker orb could be formed." That stung. "Look at this one. Does it seem familiar?" He handed the orb to Azalea like it was no big deal.

She quickly snatched the orb and held it above her head and was ready to smash it. I smiled and even jumped a little with glee. Wisps of blue and white light danced from the orb like smoke. Then, something came over her. The look on her face changed from anger to something along the lines of calm, almost peaceful as she brought the orb down and looked into it. A light of happiness returned to her eyes and she smiled, a single tear fell down her cheek. She held the orb close to her face and kissed it gently.

"I'm sorry," Azalea said. "I had no idea. I thought for sure he had done something horrible to you."

I couldn't believe my eyes. She was talking to that thing like it was a person. I remembered my own orb and felt the oh so familiar pain of failure. Once again, something Nilla did was better than something I did. I wanted to be angry, and I was, but for some reason, I didn't feel it, like I was hollow inside. I could, however, feel the conversation happening between Azalea and the orb. It was a feeling between sisters... a feeling I used to know a long time ago with Nilla.

Nilla seemed unsteady, like she was dizzy. Steven held onto her keeping her steady. I could feel my jealousy, but it never lashed out. It was as if something were holding it back. Probably Nilla's orb. I also felt sorrow. I wanted to apologize, but couldn't seem to find the words. So much confusion inside of me, so much desire to destroy, I didn't know how to handle it or what to do about it. All I knew was that it had to end, one way or another.