Nilla: Forgiveness

I could hear the orb. Aniya's part of the orb was speaking, sister to sister, in an attempt to finally make her understand how the heiress felt. Because it was filled with such strong love and forgiveness, it affected her more strongly than the conversation we had tried to have before.

It asked her if she was jealous of their relationship.

"Yes," said Azalea. "I wanted to find someone to love as much as you loved him. It didn't seem fair."

It asked her if she wanted to be with Jace.

"No." She scoffed. "I wanted to find love, not some crazy detriment to society. I wanted love in the form of another of our kind, the way things are supposed to be."

It asked her if she hated Aniya for her choice.

She shook her head. "I could never hate you for loving someone with all your heart. I blamed him for it. I thought he did something to your mind. I'm sorry that my hatred for him ended up causing your death."

It told her Aniya forgave her long ago and that it hoped she found the love she was looking for.

Azalea began to cry.

It told her that the treatment of dolphins among all those under the waters was bad and needed to be changed. It told her that Jace's intentions were good and true and that she should help her.

Azalea nodded and gave the orb a gentle hug. "I'm sorry, Jace. I'm sorry, Nilla."

"It is okay," said Jace. " Jealousy can have that affect on people. Please do not berate yourself too much for it."

Allison was in shock. "What is this? I thought I was bringing about the fall of this precious couple. I thought I was finally going to win."

"Allison," I said as kindly as I could.

"No!" she shouted. "I just can't win, can I? No one can defeat the mighty Nilla and her stupid pure heart. Why don't I have a pure heart? Why can't I be better for once?"

The orb wanted to go to Allison. Azalea handed it to her.

"I don't want that stupid thing!" Allison shouted. She tossed the orb.

Everyone gasped in shock and ran to try and catch it, but the orb decided it could float. It made its way over to Allison. She swatted at it as if it were some sort of bug. It dodged her flailing arms and then dive-bombed her head. It sat on the top of Allison's head rendering her immobile. Once the orb had her, it wasn't letting her go until it made her understand.

There was a fury of emotions coming from Allison, so many hateful feelings I never knew she had, but that orb was going to force some sort of compassion in her head. Allison fought it at first. Her fists clenched tightly but she couldn't move. There was still good inside of her, I knew there was, and my orb was going to find it.

Allison's anger was tough to subside. Everyone else had felt the orb's love quickly, but she was fighting it at every step. The orb had tapped into the emotions of others and forced them to realize the truth about themselves. Maybe that was the problem. The orb was attempting to make Allison realize the truth. Allison wasn't a real big believer in the truth if it meant she would be at fault. That's just the type of person she was. In her mind, nothing was ever her fault.

"My poor Allison," I said. "I can't believe how angry you've been all this time. I had no idea life was so hard on you."

She growled at me.

I reached my arms around Allison and hugged her tightly. I truly believed that there was no way they could've become such great friends over time if Allison didn't have some sort of love for me.

Allison had begun to relax and then slowly started to cry. The orb released her and floated back to Jace. It was tired and needed to rest. I could feel the orb's fatigue.

Allison opened her eyes. "I'm sorry, Nilla. I've been so stupid."

I smiled. "No. Jealousy grips us all in different ways. I was always jealous of how you held yourself. You always seem to have such confidence in everything. I also admire your quick wit and dedication."

"It just looks like confidence. I have to show confidence or everyone else starts to use me and laugh at me. I'm not exactly normal, you know."

"You have the courage to dress the way you want, fashion be damned." I said. "I admire that in you. You have many admirable qualities. I'm sorry I never told you before."

Allison scoffed. "It wouldn't have worked anyway. I'm kind of stubborn like that."

I laughed and for the first time in weeks, Allison laughed with me.

"Well this is all very convenient," said Will.

"You have used a great deal of the orb's energy," said Jace. "I do not know if it has enough energy now to help me with my cause."

"It's alright," said Azalea. "You have me on your side now. My decree is law."

I took the orb from Jace before hugging it tightly.

"You've worked so hard," I told it. "Thank you for all of your help, but there's still work to be done."

The orb began to glow brighter.

"Just a bit longer. It'll be okay."

I handed the brighter orb back to Jace.

"How did you do that?" he asked.

I smiled. "Sometimes I need a bit of encouragement when faced with a tough job. I thought since the orb was part of me that it might work. Take care of her."

"As I would have taken care of you."

Jace and Azalea walked back to the little pond and left. Will and Banta and the other wolves went back out into the forest leaving Halo behind.

I would miss them. I never had such a wonderful adventure, but this chapter was closed and it was time to start the next chapter in my life.

Never trust a dolphin.

Those were the words that used to be spoken under all the seas until one fateful day when a kind young lady put them all on the path of love and tolerance.