5 Years Later

I ran across the catwalk, I tripped almost ten times but I was determined to get across the stage before the show ended. Thank god I still don't wear heals otherwise I'd be toast. I ran down the stairs to get back into the wings, the stage was so big, every week there was anew one and I always got lost.

"Yeah so, for those of you who don't know anything about me, I got a wife and a son of four years, uh- no, we were not married when we had him. Anyway, a couple days ago we picked up our little son, his name's Andy- yeah I know Andy. B Bender, poor kid" that made everyone laugh "Anyways we're picking him up from daycare, me and my wife, and the head mom comes up to us and she says 'I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your son hit another kid in class today with a foam sword, and he was sticking the white crayons in his mouth, I don't want to alarm you but it looked like he was pretending to smoke'. And of course me and my wife, we tell her thank you, and that we'll talk to him blah blah blah, but all I'm thinking about while she's talking is, oh shit our kid's gonna be exactly like us....."

Everyone in the audience started to laugh even more, I smiled watching him from the wings. God does he love the attention he gets. When John told me he wanted to be a comedian I laughed at him, obviously that wasn't a bad thing.

"Oh no. I- I don't think I can handle myself, ya know being the parent of myself. I was a complete moron in school. In fact I actually fell in love with my wife in detention.... So if that doesn't say something about our future, I dunno what does. But hey, she's a famously country renowned mechanic, we're both rich which is more then I can say for anyone else in that detention room that day, so I think it'll be alright"

The audience continued to laugh, it was mostly teenagers or single guys, but everybody's got their demographics right?

"Thank you everyone I'm John Bender"

He waved everyone off before heading off the side of the stage. He ran over to me quickly giving the stage hand the mic before wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up into the air, spinning me around. I laughed, wrapping my arms around him and cheering.

"Holy shit you're brilliant!" I smiled, leaning over and kissing him hard and happily "They loved you"

"Yeah, I told you becoming a comedian was a good idea" Bender smirked

"What a funny guy" I fummed, making John roll his eyes with a smile, wrapping his arms around me as we started to head to the back to sneak away from the crowds "Hey we have to get home before the babysitter owes us a hundred bucks" I reminded

"Didn't you hear me up there? We're rich we can do whatever we want"

"Oh right, yeah I forgot" I laughed

We snuck out the back door of stage, heading into the back alley, heading out to the street where I had parked our car. It was a beautiful car that I fixed up myself, probably a shitty ass idea to park it out here unsupervised but worse case I have a fun time fixing up a new one. Bender had his arm wrapped around my waist, we were just about to get to our car when an old homeless guy stumbled in front of us, John quickly caught him before he fell over.

"Oh, hey. Are you alright Sir?" John asked, trying to be helpful

The man looked up at us, we were shocked. He was grey haired and scruffy faced, but that couldn't hide the face we had both grown to now so well, all those years ago. He saw the two of us, and his eyes widened so big I thought his old cold eyes would fall from their sockets. He looked at us, and then he noticed the panels on the front walls of the performance space, it read 'John Bender comedy night'. John's face was all over the street. He was famous after all. John let go of the old homeless man, I had to hold back a laugh. He was still looking at us with wide eyes.

"Well Dick looks like you were right" John smiled, walking over to the passenger door and getting on, no way in hell will I let John drive my baby

"Pretty goddamn funny" I smirked

I gave old Dick a patt on the back, before walking over to the car and getting on. Isn't it funny how things like this change, and how quickly they change. I mean, it's only been five years.... Look where life took two broken teenagers like us.

* - * - * - * - *

Aka. I just re-watched The Breakfast Club and came up with this idea, hope you guys like it. If not..... Sorry, heh.