That's My Shoe!

Nicky's Pov.

Bender held my hand as we walked down the hallway. We were going to Benders locker for some reason, apparently he had a surprise.

"How do you know where Vernon went?" Queenie asked.

"We don't" Bender replied bluntly

"Well then how do you know when he'll be back?" She pressed.

"We don't," Bender stated again.

"Being bad feels pretty good huh" I turned to her with a smirk.

Andrew and Brian mumbled about something, but I wasn't paying attention. Finally we reached Benders locker. He opened it up and a home made guillotine fell, cutting the end of a shoe off.

"Slob" Andrew cringed.

"My maids on vacation" Bender deadpanned.

He grabbed a large paper bag out from his locker. I looked at the gavel. Hey wait a second.

"Bender that's my shoe!" I exclaimed.

He looked at it, trying not to laugh.

"Sorry Nicky" He chuckled.

"So your name is Nicky huh?" Andrew commented.

I just kept my head down and shrugged. Not exactly. I suddenly smelled something very familiar. I looked up and saw Bender holding a roll of... yes!

"Drugs!" Brian exclaimes.

"Screw that Bender put it back!" Andrew exclaimed.

Bender grabbed my hand and we started walking back to the library. I smiled up at him.

"You're amazing," I smirked.

"I knew you'd be happy, my little pothead" he chuckled, scruffing up my hair.

I chuckled as the rest of the gang followed us.

"We'll cross through the lab, then we'll double back," Bender explained.

"You better be right. If Vernon cuts us off it's your fault" Andrew grumbled.

I just rolled my eyes as we walked down the hallway. We got a little farther before I felt myself being jerked backwards. I was about to protest but a hand flew over my mouth. Bender moved my head and I saw Vernon walking down the hallway we were about to turn down. With that I felt myself being dragged away again as we bolted down the hallway. It seemed like every turn we took Vernon was there, luckily he never saw us. We were going the wrong way, Bender knew it too.

"Wait! Wait hold it!" Bender exclaimed "We, we have to go through the cafeteria"

"No the activities hall" Andrew countered.

"Listen man you don't know what you're talking about" I stated.

"No you don't know what you're talking about!" Andrew yelled. Allison made a funny screech through her closed mouth, trying to get us to hurry up "Now we're through listening to you two. We're going this way"

Andrew and the others then ran down the hallway.

"He's an idiot," Bender grumbled.

"Well we might as well get caught together" I groaned, and dragged Bender along with me.

Sure enough the activities hall was blocked off with a gate.

"Shit!" Bender yelled

"Great idea jack off" I groaned.

"Fuck you!" Andrew yelled.

"Fuck you why didn't you listen to John and Nicky!" Queenie yelled.

We both cringed hearing our first names.

"We're dead" Brian sighed.

Bender sighed and looked down at me.

"No. Just me" he sighed.

"What?" I was confused.

"Keep your unit on it" Bender said, shoving the weed in Brian's pants. He grabbed me by my shoulders "Get them back to the library" Bender looked at me, before he crashed his lips onto mine.

Wait what! Did he just... did he? Before I had time to process it, Bender was running down the hallway screaming the lyrics to Airborne Ranger... my favorite song.

"Come on!" I beckoned, still in shock.

I led the group through the halls till we finally reached the library again. We all sat down and waited. About 5 minutes later, Vernon shoved Bender into the library.

"Get your stuff let's go" Vernon growled. Bender walked back to our table and sat down beside me, sitting in the chair I was originally in this morning "Mr. Wise guy has taken it upon himself to go to the gymnasium. I'm sorry to inform you, you're gonna be without his services for the rest of the day"

"B-O-O H-O-O" Bender spelled.

I couldn't help snicker from beside him. Bender wrapped an arm around my shoulder, it felt different now though, I still couldn't believe he kissed me.

"Everything's a big joke huh you two? The false alarm you pulled Friday, false alarms are really funny aren't they Bender?" Vernon kept going, we all just sat there "What if your home, what if your family... what if your dope was on fire, huh Newman?" He looked at me.

"Impossible Sir, it's in Johnson's underwear" I smirked.

Brian looked nervous for a second, but Andrew started chuckling so the heat went on him.

"Oh you think she's funny? You think this is cute, you think she's bitchin? Is that it?" Vernon questioned Andrew. He just shrugged "Let me tell you something, look at her, she's a bum, they both are" Vernon pointed at me. My fists clenched and so did my jaw "You wanna see something funny? You go visit Nicholas Newman in 5 years, you'll see how God damn funny she is" Vernon pointed at me.

If looks could kill... well Vernon would've been dead ages ago, but he'd definitely be dead now. My fists shook as I felt my nails pierce my skin again. It hurt, but not as much as knowing your mom didn't want a daughter so badly, she gave me a guys name. Vernon gave me a triumphant smirk, before he walked over to us, I wouldn't look at him, I just stared at the table.

"What's the matter? You gonna cry Nicholas?" He leaned down to my face.

"Shut up!" I screamed, leaping from my chair.

Bender grabbed a hold of my arms before I got sent to jail for murder. He pulled me close to his chest, running his fingers through my hair, trying to calm me down. Vernon got impatient and tried to pull me away from Jay.

"Alright let's go-

"Hey keep your fucking hands off her!" Bender swung Vernons arm away from me "I expect better manners from you Dick" Bender mumbled.

Bender held my face in his hands. He looked sadly at my bloody hands, before turning his eyes to stare straight into mine.

"Give me 10 minutes" he whispered so only I could hear it.

He then kissed me softly on the lips and walked over to Andrew, handing him his sunglasses.

"For better hallway vision" Bender stated, before patting Andrew on the back, and then he walked out followed by Vernon and shoving everything he could off the library counter.

I knew where he was going. The closet in Vernons office. I've been sent there about 5 times. I sat with my fists clenched, I was pissed. How could he just say my name like that, and now they all knew. Everyone was giving me funny or pity looks, I just glared and they looked away. God I hope Bender keeps his word. I need him right now.

* - * - * - * - *

Holy cow! Thank you guys so much for 100 reads!!! I'm so glad this book is doing well, I love this book so much! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!<3<3 Also yeah they kissed!! I love Bender<3