I'm Not Fat!

Nicky’s Pov.
Bender walked back to the front of the library. I sat down on top of a table, fidgeting with my rings.

“What’s your guy's names?” Queenie asked.

“What’s yours?” Bender asked, knowing I didn’t like talking about my name.

“Claire” She answered.

“Ca-laire?” Bender questioned.

“Claire, it’s a family name” She gritted.

“Nah it’s a fat girl's name” Bender stated, I snorted.

“Ah thank you” Queenie mumbled.

“You’re welcome,” Bender sighed.

“I’m not fat!” She exclaimed.

“Well not at present, but I can see you pushing maximum density. See I don’t know if you know this-

I drowned him out. I just watched his lips move. Damn he was so hot. I tuned back when I noticed he was bent down in front of Queenie.

“Do you want me to puke?”

What was he talking about?

“Over the panites, no bra, blouse unbuttoned, Calvins in a ball on the front seat past eleven on a school night?” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. It really wasn’t as great as he was making it sound, I instantly knew what he meant.

“Leave her alone” Andrew stated. 

I rolled my eyes and set my feet up on the table.

“I said leave her alone” Adrew said, walking towards Bender.

“You gonna make me?” he glared.

“Yeah” Andrew looked like he was trying to prove something. 

Bender stepped over the tables nearly stepping on my hand and getting in Andrews face.

“You and how many of your friends?” Bender questioned.

“Just me. Just you and me. Two hits, me hittin’ you, you hittin’ the floor. Anytime you're ready pal” Andrew kept glaring.

Bender scoffed trying to hit Andrew, but Andrew got Jay in a wrestling hold on the floor. I rolled my eyes again.

“Boys” I mumbled.

“I don’t wanna get into this with you man” Bender stated, with half his face smushed to the floor.

“Why not?” Andrew asked, getting off of him.

“Cause I’d kill you… It’s real simple. I’d kill you and your fucking parents would sue and me and it’d be a big mess and I don’t care enough about you to bother” Bender sighed, walking backwards towards where Allison was sitting.

“Chicken shit” Andrew mumbled. 

Alright that’s it. I shot up out of my seat taking out my switch blade and clicking it open in a matter of seconds. Apparently Jay was just as fed up as me because he did the same thing. Andrew looked nervous. Bender jabbed his blade into the seat beside Allison with a grunt, I just kept mine out.

“Let’s end this right now. You talk to her. Ya don’t look at her! And ya don’t even think about her! You understand me?” Andrew yelled.

Bender scoffed, rolling his eyes.

“I’m tryin’ to help her” he sighed.

I was still holding up my switchblade. Andrew went to sit down.

Bender came up to me. He smiled at me taking my switchblade out of my hands and kissing my cheek. He sat down and pulled me into his lap, handing me back my switchblade. I smiled and he nuzzled his face into my neck. I let out a quiet gasp as he moved a little too close to my ear. He chuckled and I rolled my eyes as Carl the janitor walked in. 

“Hey Brian” Carl smiled. 

Brian looked embarrassed.

“Your dad work here?” I questioned cranking my head around to look at him. 

Brian gave me an annoyed look and Bender groaned moving me so he could put his face back in my neck. I giggled and then turned to Carl. 

“Uh Carl!” I yelled.

“What?” he questioned.

“Can I ask you a question?

“Sure” he nodded. 

The man had always liked me, since I was a freshman.

“How does one become a janitor?” I questioned

“You wanna be a janitor?” he raised an eyebrow.

“No I just wanna know how one becomes a janitor because, Andrew here, is very interested in pursuing a career in the custodial arts” I said with a straight face, before smirking at a pissed off and embarrassed jock.

“Oh really? You guys think I’m just some untouchable peasant? Servant, pion? Maybe so… but following a broom after shit heads like you for the last eight years I’ve learned a couple of things. I look through your letters, I look through your lockers” That statement made both me and Bender give each other concerned looks “I listen to your conversations. You don’t know that but I do. I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends” Carl smiled and went to walk away. But first checking his watch. He smirked looking back up at us “By the way that clock’s 20 minutes fast” He finished before walking away. 

Bender and I smirked, we knew this already. The others just let out annoyed groans.

* - * - * - * - *