Male Version

Nicky’s Pov.
I woke up and heard some weird brushing noise, I opened my eyes and saw Bender using Queenie’s eyebrow brush to clean his teeth. I just closed my eyes and tried to pretend I was asleep.

“Are all these your girlfriends?” Queenie asked.

Oh she was looking at the book things. That’s the one thing I didn’t like about Bender. He had tons of girlfriends. It made me upset, because I’ve liked him since I can remember, and I had to watch him be with not only one girl, but more then one at a time.

“Some of them,” Bender answered.

“What about the others?” she asked.

“Well, some I consider my girlfriend, and some I just consider” he mumbled.

“Consider what?” she asked him.

God this girl asks a lot of questions.

“Whether or not I wanna hangout with them” he answered, also getting annoyed with all the questions.

“You don’t believe in just  one guy, one girl?”

“Do you?” Jay asked her.

“Yeah, that’s the way it should be” she mumbled.

“Well not for me” Jay mumbled.

I felt like I was gonna cry, this was killing me. I wish I could just tell him! Oh but he’d never actually like me, and even if he did I still be part of his plethora of girls.

“What about Nicky?” Queenie asked.

Oh no. Now I wish I was actually asleep.

“She’s different,” Jay mumbled.

“How is she any different from the other girls?” Queenie asked.

“She’s the reason for the other girls” he growled.

Wait what!? What hearled this?

“I date them, so I don’t have to remember that I can’t date the one person I actually want to date,” he continued. I was in shock.

“Why can’t you just ask her out?” Queenie asked.

“How could I? I’m a loser” I could tell bender was getting annoyed “Nicky’s brave, and badass, and I just a gutless nothing. I mean, look at me” he growled.

Does he really think that? God why didn’t he tell me! I hate this so much! I just wanna get up and tell him that I like him, that I always have.

“When I look at you, I see the male version of Newman” Queenie chuckled “And when I look at her, I can tell how much that girl cares about you”

“Yeah, as a best friend” he mumbled.

“No” Queenie shook her head.

Bender just grumbled.

“How come you have so much shit in our purse?” He exclaimed.

“How come you have so many girlfriends?” she countered.

“I asked you first, and I already told you,” Bender stated.

“I don’t know. I guess I never throw anything away” Queenie sighed.

“Neither do I” I could hear the smirk on his face.

“Would you? For her?” I knew she was talking about me.

“If Newman liked me I'd drop every single girl in a heartbeat” Bender growled, like he was insulted Queenie thought he wouldn’t.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I quickly ran off back towards the tables.