Crystal

Nickys Pov.
I pushed through the large library doors.

“It is now 7:06-

Vernon was cut off by the doors slamming behind me as I walked over to my designated seat beside Bender.

“Ah Newman. Let’s see if you can show up on time, next saturday” He deadpanned.

“Looking forward to it, your majesty,” I tipped a fake hat with my everlasting smirk.

I looked at Bender who currently had his feet resting on my seat. I raised an eyebrow at him and he just smirked.I lifted his feet up and sat in my chair, setting his feet down on my lap.

“You have exactly 8 hours and 54 minutes you figure out why you’re here. Ponder the error of your ways” Vernon continued.

Bender bent his head back and spit in the air before catching it in his mouth again. I gave him an impressed look while the two poplars in front of us looked disgusted. 

“You may not talk,” Vernon pointed at Queenie. 

I heard shuffling beside me. I looked over to see Brian moving his stuff.

“You may not move from these seats” He then pointed at Brian.

Brian moved back to his original seat. I snickered.

“And you two will not sleep,” Vernon said, pointing a finger at us now. “Alright people, we're gonna try something a little different today. We are going to write an essay. Of no less than a thousand words… describing to me who you think you are”

“Is this a test?” Jay questioned, but Vernon just kept going.

“And when I say essay I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times… Is that clear Mr. Bender and Miss Newman?” 

“Crystal” We both mumbled at the same time. 

We looked over at each other with wide eyes. Bender smirked at me, I just looked down flustered. Damn you Bender! Why do you make me feel like this!

“Maybe you’ll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you’ll even… decide whether or not you care to return” Vernon finally finished. 

Suddenly the nerd stood up.

“Uh.. ya know I can answer that right now Sir. You know that’d be no, for me cause-

“Sit down Johnson” Vernon scolded.

“Thank you Sir”  Brian sat back down.

I rolled my eyes trying not to laugh. This boy is strange.

“My office… is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill advised. Any questions?” Vernon asked.

“Yeah I got a question… does Beryy Manalow know you raid his wardrobe?” Bender questioned.

I snickered, keeping my head down.

“I’ll give you the answer to that Mr. Bender next saturday. Don’t mess with the bull you man… or you’ll get the horns” I rolled my eyes as Vernon walked out. 

I huffed.

“That man… is a brownie hound”

I stated.

“Took the words right out of my mouth Nicky” 

* - * - * - * - *