CHAPTER 20

Third person's pov
The girl ate the last bit of the remaining seafood pasta and finished it by lastly drinking some Nero d'Avola wine.
Meanwhile Aldrich had his mouth agaped at the sight of it.

"Um hey Steph, when did she last ate?" He whispered.

"In the morning I guess.."

"Are you sure? Because she ate five dishes in one sit. Even I can't properly finish one."

"Just..just shut up man."

Their conversation was interepted by his mom.

"What are you two talking?" She asked.

"Um..nothing zia we where just talking about the weather.." Aldrich smiled.

"Mm..vedo.." (I see)

The two clearly noticed the doubt in her voice.

"Oh, li ha finiti tutti" (Oh she finished all of them) Mr.Russo exclaimed.

"Si si. Penso che la mia povera figlia fosse davvero stanca e affamata." (Yes yes. I think my poor daughter was really tired and hungry) She glared at her son.

"M-ma ha fatto colazione la mattina, m-mamma..." (But she had her breakfast in the morning mama...) Stephano stuttered.

"O si? Allora perché si comporta come se non avesse cibo da giorni?"
(Oh yeah? Then why is she eating like she didn't had any food for days?)
Mr.Russo raised his eyebrows.

"Uh..b-bene" (Uh well..)

Stephano trailed off. He nudged his friend and eyed him to help him. Aldrich was about to talk then-

"Um..e-excuse me?" The soft voice of Ira barged in their conversation.

"Sì, figlia mia, hai bisogno di qualcosa"?(Yes my daughter do you need anything?) Mrs.Russo asked.

"Uh..yeah I need t-the wine."

"Oh you mean the Nero d'Avola wine? Here you go." Mrs Russo poured the
wine in the glass.

"You liked it?" Mrs.Russo asked.

"Y-yeah. Usually I don't drink wine but this is different."

"I am not surprised that you liked it. Most foreigners end up getting addicted to it. So don't drink to much eh? Oh and besides she is also a wine addict too."
Mr.Russo laughed.

"Ah caro..(dear) not now.." Mrs.Russo playfully scolded her husband. Ira smiled at the old couple.

Unbeknownst to them, Stephano and Aldrich sneaked out using this opportunity. They walked outside while the couples was bickering. Stephano looked back and saw Ira watching him. He winked at her causing the girl to choke on her wine. He smirked as he saw her frantically trying to hide her red face while his mother patted on her back.

Ira's pov
       I was still coughing and Mrs.Russo was patting my back. I was blushing without control and I hated it. Idiot. I wish I could throw him in the sea.

"Mia figlia are you alright? What's wrong?"

"Uh..I think I gulped too hardly I g-guess" I lied.

"Ah be careful. You were coughing very hard" Mr.Russo scolded.

"S-sorry"

"It's alright figlia." She handed me a tissue.

"Thanks.." I wiped my mouth.

We continued to talk. They asked about my childhood. They where shocked to found that I was a orphan. No surprise. Seems like he didn't tell them. Mrs.Russo cried and began to console me while Mrs.Russo was giving me a sympathetic look but a proud one. Mrs.Russo ensured me that they will love and accept me as their daughter no matter who I am. I smiled. They are very kind. I used to hate those fake sympathetic looks the guys gave me during highschool whenever they find out about me being an orphan. But this is different. For the first time in my life I feel loved.

"I am so sorry figlia. I got too much emotional. I hope I didn't made you uncomfortable." She said.

"No! It's okay.."

"You are very strong. My son has chosen the right girl for him" Mr.Russo proudly said.

Chosen? More like kidnapped

"Well we have asked about your whereabouts. And now it is your turn to ask about ours figlia" She said.

"Uh...well..I do have something to ask about Stephano. I don't know anything about him. Except that he is rich.."
I looked at them and they seemed to be a bit stiffen.

"He didn't tell you anything?" Mr.Russo asked.

"No..."

"I see. Since you were honest with our answers we will tell you about us.."
He said in a bit serious voice.

Why do I feel like somethings wrong?  No I think I am exaggerating.

He took a deep breath and looked at Mrs.Russo like he was asking for permission. She nodded in return.

"We are...mafias. And my son Stephano Russo, is a mafia boss