Stick To Your Guns (Bongiovi/Sambora)

Author's Notes

Happy posting day, friends!

I hope this week has treated you well or well enough?

I'm dropping into this story for this week. Even though chapters 4 and 5 are written for Enslaved, my trusty side-kick/angst pusher/beta megastar and I have decided to 'chunk' out the book into days, just to give us more time up our sleeves to do it right...for you guys, our readers.

For my new readers here, I hope this doesn't confuse you too much. Please, if you have any questions, I'm all too happy to answer them. Oh, thank you and welcome to my little world!    😊❤️

So...to offset all the angst of the last two chapters and build the anticipation of the next two...have some fluff...some fluffy fluff.

Enjoy 😊❤️

J💕💕💕

Stick To Your Guns

Bongiovi-Sambora Household

May 2005

Lia's 10th Birthday

"C'mon, Daddy!" Lia yelled from the door to the garage. "It's time to go get my present!"

"Gimme a minute," Jon yelled from the bedroom.

"Do I hafta go?!" Sebastian grumbled, slouching in the closest living room chair.

"Yes, you do, Monkey," Richie replied, glancing up from tying his shoes. "It was a family decision to allow Lia to get a cat so you have to be part of your family and help her choose."

"But it's not fair, Pops," Seb complained. "I wanted a dog and we never got one! How come she gets to have a cat?!"

"Because," Jon said as he appeared from their bedroom, buttoning his shirt, "dogs can't be left for the week, or even a weekend, if we want to catch up with Papa on the road. And they need walking every day...not that you'd do that anyway. It would end up with one of us having to do that."

"That's right, Seb," Lia crowed from the doorway where she was bouncing with excitement. "My cat will be able to stay at home and Uncle David and Aunty Amber can feed it while we're away."

"Phht," Richie snorted. "Do Amber and Davey know about this part of the bargain?" he asked his husband, sotto voce.

"No," Jon chuckled, "but we can deal with them later."

"C'mooooon, you guys," Lia whined and stepped over to her fathers, taking each of their hands in hers and dragging them toward the garage.

"We're coming," Richie said. "Move it, Monkey. Can you lock the door behind you, please?!"

"Fine!" his son answered and pushed up from where he was sprawled.

He and Jon had been in a quandary as to an appropriate present for Lia's milestone birthday into double digits. She would still get a few smaller items, such as the new Barbie she'd had her eye on for some time and some new clothes, but they felt that turning ten needed more of a grand gesture. Sebastian had received his gaming console which now graced their living room so it was only fair that their daughter received her heart's desire.

Lia had impressed them both with her perseverance and negotiating skills...or in other words, pester power. She had become relentless in her attempts to cajole Jon into allowing a cat into the house. His husband had been equally defiant and reluctant, citing every negative he could think of concerning the care of the said creature.