Chapter 3

POINT OF VIEW
THIRD PERSON

In a middle of the night, Jennie hastily gets out of her car, struggling to run with her heels on. She rushed to the hospital's entrance, not caring how poeple would look at her cocktail dress. She asked the reception desk where a woman named Lalisa Manoban was admitted in and once got the information, she hurried towards the elevator to get into the right floor.

Nothing else was on her mind but the look on this black haired woman's eyes as the gun goes off. How she lost her consciousness in Jennie's arms, how Jennie tried to stop the bleeding on her chest with her own hands.

It has been a month.

A month since she last saw her. That was when she and Doyeon brought her to the hospital, with dried tears on her cheeks.

[ FLASHBACK ]

There are certain ways why people leave, so many reasons why. Unfortunately, this isn't how Jennie planned to end it, she never wanted for anyone to die. She may have the urge to end someone's life but she knows wishing something like that won't give her any satisfaction she was looking for.

She hated it.

Everything happened too fast, too soon and she wished she can turn back time and redo the things she regrets doing.

"Jennie,"

She turns to the person who called her name, not having any interest to have a conversation.

"You okay?"

The brunette turns away, "I'm tired," she can feel tears forming in her eyes as she looks down on her blood stained and trembling hands, "T-This is...not what I wanted,"

Her friend gave her an apologetic look and sits next to her, "I know but this is just a phase, Jen. You'll get through it," she comforted.

"I didn't want her to die,"

Doyeon just nods and caresses Jennie's tensed shoulder, giving her light massages. "Why? I thought you want to kill her?"

Jennie gulps, "That's just an empty threat, Yeon. There's a part of me that wants to believe her, I still have a lot of questions and she knows them."

"Was that really the only reason?"

The brunette looks at her friend with narrowed eyes, not understanding what she meant.

"You wore the necklace she gave you, cried when she shot herself," Doyeon says, "You don't cry when your enemy dies, Jennie. You did the complete opposite. Whatever happened during the days you were stuck in her house, I know some part of you changed."

Jennie stares at the white ceiling, questioning herself if she indeed changed. How she treated her, how she made her food, how she ran to the cabin when she was in the middle of dinner with her boyfriend and mother. Why did she take the necklace when she could have left it there?

Images flashed in her head.

"You're mine,"

"I'm saying that I love you, Jennie."

Why...

Why do I want to hear those coming from her again?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the operation room's doors sliding open, with a male doctor coming out to greet them. The girls immediately meet the doctor halfway, with Jennie's worried eyes focused on him.