Chapter 13 [M]

POINT OF VIEW
THIRD PERSON

Jennie steers her wheel silently and focus on the road ahead of her. She ended up coming back in her house without her mom talking to her, all she did was give her cold shoulders and stares like she wants to guilt trip her. She slept there and woke up like her mother doesn't exist. With her being cautious, she just decided not to break the ice between them because she knows, it won't make things better. She knows her mother is mad and never liked the idea of her hiding Lisa, who would like that to be honest? One would think Jennie did it on purpose for personal reasons.

And maybe she did.

She sighs as she parks her car and gets out, walking the night with her jacket on. She enters the building and quickly approached the man on the front desk.

"I'm here to file a report," she says.

The man wearing a uniform looks at her, "Of what?" he picks up a paper and hands it to her. "Sign this, so we can contact you."

She takes it, "A missing person," she says and starts filling the form.

He nods, "Can I get his information?" he types as Jennie tells him about Taehyung. His name, age, height, when she last talked to him, where he lives, where he works, who can they contact besides her.

Jennie honestly wishes they can help her and not half ass everything like they did when she was the one missing.

"What's your uh...relationship with him?"

The brunette pressed her lips together, "He's my...uhm, he's my boyfriend." she answers, with a hint of hesitation.

The police gives her a look, "Are you sure?" he takes the form from her.

The fuck does that mean?

Jennie internally roles her eyes and exhales, "Yes, I'm sure. Jeez," she says and looks away.

"Okay, so we'll start the operation by tomorrow, we'll call you once we get anything and if you didn't receive any call, you can always come back here." he says.

"Sure, please find him, thank you." she replied before walking out the station. She wears her eyeglasses before getting in her car.

In the station, the cop watches her leave and an unknowingly chuckle left his lips until his colleague interrupted what goes on in his head.

"Hey, Seunghoon, want a coffee?"

-

As soon as Jennie steps inside the house, a pair of dark brown eyes stare at her, she meets them with her own and had a short eye contact before she turns away with a loud sigh.

"Tired?"

Asked Lisa who's sitting on the sofa with her legs on the seat and her arms spread in the backrest.

Jennie takes off her jacket and hangs it on the rack by the door. "No," she answered. "Can you not bother me for the rest of the night?"

The Thai looks at her with amusement, "Did you go to the police?" she asks, "Is it for me or Taehyung?"

Jennie didn't answer and heads into the shower to get her mind off things. She didn't want to start any conversation with anyone as she couldn't think of any way to ask for her mother's forgiveness or how will she able to explain everything. And Taehyung's disappearance doesn't make things so much easier for her as well as the fact that he was the one who told her mother about Lisa and the abduction.

She lets her clothes fall off her shoulder to the floor before she steps in the shower, she turns it on and lets the small drops of water fall on her skin.