Chapter 20

POINT OF VIEW
THIRD PERSON

5 YEARS LATER

Loud barks and howls irritated Jennie's ears, she takes a pillow with a groan and covered her ears, trying to ignore the sound. However, it just became louder and wilder until she finally loses it and abruptly leaves her bed. She scratches her head in annoyance as she walks downstairs, still with her eyes half-closed and sleepwear with teddy bear prints.

She goes to the front door and headed outside, where she sees three wolves who seemed giddy when they see her coming. They ran towards her and jumped on her in excitement. She yawns and rubs their heads before filling their bowls with fresh meats. They soon devoured their breakfast like beasts and Jennie just watched them.

She took them under her care as Saem requested her to. She was told that nobody would be able to take care of them as the boys will permanently leave and go back to their own home and she will go take care of her own family.

She doesn't actually mind as she has grown a little bond with them and now, they've been under her care for more than 3 years. They're doing really well, but somehow, there are times that they look sad and seemed to be missing something.

Or someone.

A sigh escapes her lips and she slowly goes back inside the house. She spots her mother sitting on her wheelchair as she drinks her coffee with a newspaper in her hand. Throughout the years, she has become more and more weak due to her illness. Jennie had to work two times harder to make sure she gives the right medicines and tests for her.

She greets her with a side hug, "Morning, mom. How are you feeling?" she asks and kneels next to her.

Mrs. Kim turns to her, "Hmm, aren't you supposed to be working?" she responded.

"I take day offs every Saturday, remember? Plus, I need to focus on five contracts lined up to have me designing for their brand, I need time to decide which one to sign." She smiles and heads to the kitchen and starts preparing breakfast for the both of them.

Her mother followed her, "Five? Which ones?" she asks with curiosity.

Jennie hums, "All are western. Balenciaga, Chanel, Dior, Celine and...what's that again-oh, Saint Laurent." she answers.

"Jennie..."

She turns to her mom and couldn't help but giggle, "I know, I know. I can't believe it too," she finished and put the delicious food on the table. She's about to sit on the chair when her phone on the she left in the counter starts ringing. She looks at the ID, "You can start without me, I'll just take this call quick."

Her mother just nods.

Jennie outside the house and answers, "What?"

"Let's go out tonight, there's a new club nearby we thought we should try."

She takes a deep breath, "I might be busy today, if I don't respond, I'm not going." she says.

"If you don't respond, we'll go and take you with us. You're definitely coming with us,"

"Jisoo."

"7pm,"

That was all she heard before the line went dead. She shakes her head, just used to Jisoo's personality and can't do anything about it. She glances at her phone before joining her mother and wonder what's gonna happen in the next following hours.

---

It's almost 7 and Jennie is front of her mirror, trying on different outfits that would match the place. There are a mess around her room, papers and scratches on the bed, colored pens on the floor. She was in complete distress and here she is getting ready for a Saturday night like its nothing.