Chapter 6

POINT OF VIEW
THIRD PERSON

Jennie slowly opens her eyes, feeling a heavy headache. She grunts as she sits up, realizing she's back in their house. She tried to recall what happened last night but she couldn't actually complete the puzzles in her head.

She was drunk as hell.

She then walks out of her bed, still wearing the outfit she wore when she went to the bar.

Heading downstairs, her mom greets her with a concerned look on her face. "You alright? Jisoo brought you home last night, care to explain?" she says and hands her daughter a cup of hot chocolate.

"It's nothing, mom. I was just-"

"And the night of my party, you disappeared. Where on earth did you go?" The old woman scolds her daughter with her hands on her waist.

Jennie sits on the sofa with a cup in her hands and releases a huge sigh, "My uh, my...friend was taken to the hospital, she had an...accident." she says, trying to make up an excuse and using the term friend for Lisa.

"It couldn't wait until tomorrow?" Her mom asks, not buying her explanation.

The brunette scratches her neck with a finger, "She was about to die, so I uh, I panicked." she nervously giggled and takes a sip.

Mrs. Kim crosses her arms against her chest and stares at her daughter, trying to know if she's lying or not. "And why were you drunk?"

"We had drinks, me and Jisoo. You know, catching up since I was gone for a long time." She answered. "Did the party go well?"

The mother shakes her head, "It did, I just didn't like the way you didn't even tell me you were leaving. Not even a text? A voice message?"

Jennie clicks her tongue and puts the cup down on the table, "Look, mom. I'm really sorry, I know how important the party to you, I just really had to go. I panicked and I completely forgot about it, I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I swear and I'll make it up to you." she explains to her.

Her mother looks at her, thinking deeply and not totally convinced by what her daughter said. She feels like there is something more than what she told her, but she won't force her to tell her. Jennie will tell her that herself one day, when she's ready.

She just knows her daughter too well.

Jennie's phone suddenly rings and she quickly picks it up to answer it. She went outside the house to keep the conversation away from her mother, just to be sure.

"Jen?"

The brunette sighs, "I know you called me yesterday, I'm sorry I was drunk." she says and face palmed, "I don't even remember what happened in the hospital,"

The woman on the other line hums, "I called because this girl keeps bugging me and telling me to call you over. You guys seemed like you have some sort of deal and she looks like she needed it done as quickly as possible."

Jennie bit her lower lip and nods, "Yeah, sure, Rosie. I'll come," she says.

"You better, I'm not your messenger," The doctor playfully jokes, "And make sure you're sober, okay? I don't want to see Jisoo carrying you out of the hospital like a car accident patient again."

"Rosie, stop."

The blonde chuckles,"I'll see you later," she said before hanging up.

Jennie shakes her head as she puts her phone down and looks up to the clear sky above her. She was anxious that she couldn't remember anything from what happened last night, or what she did. She just hopes she didn't do anything silly or embarrassing that she'll regret.